How ya'll doin'?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gumpy, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

My name is Gumpy,(started by a grandaughter) AKA Richard. I'm from Scottsboro, AL, about a 10 minute drive from Lake Guntersville! The only Marlin I have now is a Levermatic in .30 caliber carbine. Great gun! When I was in my teens I had a Marlin 30-30, don't know what model, just remember the long throw on it.
    Lookin forward to getting to know everyone! Sounds like an informative forum.

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Hey Gumpy

I had a buddy once who I called Gump. I know you aint him because he didn't like the name:cool:.

Welcome. Be sure to wear boots and helmet. Have fun.:D

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Gumpy !!

Let's see a picture of that Levermatic you own...

4. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We're glad to have you join us Gumpy!

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Welcome aboard Gumpy!

6. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Welcome abord Mate !

7. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Welcome to the fun Gumpy.

8. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to our friendly little group.
    Glad to have you with us.

9. Gumpy

Here tis'. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Very nice Gumpy...

The Levermatic is actually a Marlin 62, manufactured between 1963-1969, which came chambered in either the .256 Win Mag or the .30 Carbine fed from a box magazine.

The Levermatic differed from the traditional lever-action rifle, such as the Marlin 39A, in that it employed a cam-and-roller system giving it an extremely smooth and short lever motion to reload a new cartridge. This cam-and-roller system was originally invented by Kessler Arms Company for their "Lever-Matic" shotgun. Following Kessler's dissolution, Marlin licensed the idea and began producing rifles using a similar design.

11. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

OMG Gumpy that's a beauty. That would be an awesome out the back door deer rifle around my house.

12. Gumpy

I did some research on the rifle a couple of years ago by the serial #. The best I can tell it was manufactured in 1966. My uncle bought just after going to 'Nam, so that would be about right!! It's one of the best balanced and accurate guns I have owned. Just wish sometimes it was a heavier caliber. Still, my son and one of my grandsons killed their first deer with it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012