Howdy from South Carolina

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kg4kpg, Feb 6, 2013.

1. kg4kpg

kg4kpg Member

Wow, how many Marlin firearm forums are there?? I'm Chris from Charleston, SC. I dug an old Marlin 783 from the safe after letting my only other .22 go and decided it was time to clean it up. I'll post it in the appropriate forum to show the work I'm doing. For whatever reason, a previous owner had stripped the blueing off of it and clear-coated it. Never saw that before. There are small freckles of rust on it but a test spot showed me it should clean up easily.
    Anyway, I've had .22's most of my life, usually long rifle and several of these were 10/22's. This was my first WMR that I bought. I'm an Army Reservist with 23+ years of combined active and reserve duty and will probably give about ten more. I'm settled in Charleston but I'm from Texas and will always be a Texan first. (sorry wife, it's what I am) :p My full time job is with the DoD and the Navy. Not the best pay but it pays the bills.
    Along with my .22's, my carry gun is a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro and I also shoot a Remington 700 .308 in a tactical, long range set-up. Got an 800 yard match in a few weeks. One gun hot on my list when I can afford it and when it is available is a Kel-tec PMR-30. Sweet ride!
    So, here's the main pic of the 783 but I'll put it and some detail shots in the rimfire magnum forum.

Chris

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Chris !!

...and thank you for your service to our country.

I'm retired DoD...35 years of service !!

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Welcome to The Marlin forum!

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Marlin Forum. Glad to have you with us.

6. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Chris glad to have you here....thankyou for your service...Also good luck at the shooting match, let us know how it went..
    Ken U.S. Army 1986-2006

7. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Welcome aboard Chris! Glad to have you with us!

8. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

A warm welcome from Missouri Chris.

9. JB_Books

JB_Books Member

Hearty Welcome to the forum

10. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

Welcome kg. There are a lot of good people here. Thanks for your service