Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by FOUR4D4, Mar 26, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Can we get a hunting thread?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

OK...pictured below are my whitetail deer hunting rifles: Lever action, Bolt action, Pump action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've taken the most meat with my Winchester 1894 in .30WCF...clear / clean shots in PA are usually well within 75 yards.

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

A forum specific to hunting, or a forum for hinting rifles?

4. FOUR4D4

Hunting in general with pictures of course:D

5. FOUR4D4

Turkey season is among us :cool:

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Yea man...Spring Gobbler !!

Posted below are the PA Game Commission guidelines:

SPRING GOBBLER (Bearded bird only): April 28-May 31, 2012. Daily limit 1, season limit 2. (Second spring gobbler may be only taken by persons who possess a valid special wild turkey license.)

From April 28-May 12, legal hunting hours are one-half hour before sunrise until noon;

From May 14-31, legal hunting hours are one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after sunset.

[​IMG]

7. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

A hunting thread would be great. How else can you show off what damage your guns can do. Any possibility of this happening?

8. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I need more interest in it to get it added.

9. FOUR4D4

Need more members on this forum :(

10. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

You have 3 members, what more do we need?!

11. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

Missouri Bullet Company responded rocket fast to my latest order and the slugs arrived just three days after the order. Now that I know my 357 hunting load has the guts for the job I loaded up several combos today to sight my rifle with. Through in a IMR4227 load for my Taurus revolver to do a paper test of the bullets revolver defense capabilities. Rain rain rain as far as the eye can see, so I might have to test in the rain.

12. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Wait 10 minutes,maybe it'll quit:D.

13. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Count me in.:D

14. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

HAHA, not here. We have about two weeks left of our normal rain weather. Then, if we are lucky, maybe eight weeks of summer. Then it's back to rain and wait ten months, maybe it will quit.

15. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

hunting thread ! YES !!

Last fall(2011) in Wyoming, Remington 7400 in .280Remington with 130grn handloads @ 2900fps, a couple of speed goats @ 175 & 125 yards. A great time was had by three of us, 2 goats apiece-buck & doe.:D
    Hey duster! I'm in western Washington around Tacoma-Seattle area. You?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  16. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

I love antelope hunting, my favorite of game to hunt so far. Where in Wyoming did you go? That's where I hunt them too!

17. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

Douglas, Wyoming ; it's 40 miles east of Casper and 90 miles north of Cheyenne.
    It was a great time, the weather was awesome and we hunted a private cattle ranch, over 600 acres.

18. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

Oh thats just straight south from where I go. We go in Rozet which is near Gillette. We hunted private land. The guy had some cattle, but more so I think he had oil. The weather is usually pretty windy when we go, but other than that its usually nice there too.

19. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

The wind?

Yeah ! that wind only stops to change direction. All of our shots were pushed between 7 -15 inches off point of aim! But we managed 6 animals(3-bucks, 3-does) among three hunters.:D

20. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

Yeah you don't want to miss on those buggers either because a miss placed shot will waste half of your meat! We have always fill in my group when we go. That's a dozen or so people with 20 or so antelope. Cutting up takes awhile with that many animals! Its a blast though!