I did the Trade !!

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by SWO1, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The Savage Mod 110 in 30-06 I checked out at the LGS I just traded my Wizzard in .308 for. Straight Over. I paid $275 + Tax for the Wizzard and he wanted $279 for the Savage. I really didn't like the Wizzard so here I go. Off to the shop and do the swap. then its mount the Scope and sight in TODAY.... LOL tomorrow is opening day so TIMES A-WASTING.

2. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Congratulations SWO1! Send pics when you get a chance. And good luck on the hunt tomorrow with the new gun.

3. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

4. SWO1

Mounted the Center Point 4X16. Took 12 Shots to have it making nice little 1" (-) groups at 75 yards. I was shooting Free recoil off the bench so was starting to get a "Little Tender" in the sholder with the Remington 180gr Core Loks ..... :p Decided to try JUST a couple more and noticed the rear ring was a little loose. Turned the screw ...... :eek: It STRIPPED. I had to change rings on another Center Point last year for the same problem. Good Scopes, Crappy rings. So its off to Wally World and HOPE they have a set left. When I get there, No steel, only Alum. and Extra High, but I gots to have em. Back and put em on. Now my sholder is REALLY SORE. Boy did I luck out, first shot is DEAD NUTS ON HEIGHT AND ONLY 2" RIGHT. 4 SHOTS later and Im back in the " zone. It has a Solid Butt Pad ..... LOL. The first 6-8 shots were Ok, but after that I started feelin it. Here are a couple Pics. Its a 1960 vintage. Pretty good shape.

Attached Files:

5. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Nice looking rifle SWO1. Looks like you made a good deal. Take pic of buck you drop with it tomorrow. :)

6. SWO1

Grand Daughter gets "first shot", buck or doe. Im just back up tomorrow and Sunday. Ill take my chances during the week when Im alone.

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Congratulations SWO1. You done good. Happy for you and I'm sure that you will put it to good use.
    It's too bad that Rossi and H&R don't make a single shot that is accurate (that being a relative term). I really like the idea of a single shot rifle and would own more than 1 if thay would just perform to a reasonable standard.
    Maybe I'm cheap but I can't bring myself to put out the cash for a a T/C Pro Hunter. Maybe someday???