I need a new scale (what to get) ??

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by oldbrass, Feb 22, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

My LEE scale will not hold Zero for poop...even after 30 minutes it needs adjusting. I`m not a physics professor so I don`t understand how such a simple device can malfunction,my bench is level and there`s no breeze in the room (except after beans) I posted on another forum and some said the LEE is great and some were thrown in the trash..
    I`m not sure what to get, I`ve heard the RCBS 505 is good..

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I've had the RCBS 502 scale for about 20 years with no problems.I also have a Pact digital scale I've had for about 15 years with no problems.

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I have never liked the looks of the Lee Scales or their Powder Dispenser. I think the rest of their equipment is good, just not those two items. Just me.
    Any other brand-name should be fine. I've had RCBS, Lyman and currently have an Ohaus.
    Some people like digital (and I have one) but I wouldn't trust it as my primary scales.

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Grey gave me a RC BS 505 that is very accurate I just have to keep it away from any air current.I have heard that florescent lights and electrical cord will effect them.If you want to get a Chargemaster combo unit mine is running right with the balance beam scale.I'm going to use them for double check on powder measures