I never should have touched it !!!

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by SWO1, Apr 10, 2013.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

At my LGS this morning. Yesterday he got in another Smith Mod. 22A-1. This one is BEAUTIFUL. Wood target grips, Stainless fluted bull match barrel, with target sights. Also came with 3 mags instead of two. At $369 its only $40 more than the standard model I have. I violated the cardinal rule and asked to see it. He handed it to me and just walked away and left me alone with it. Wes knows me to well. After about 20 minutes I had him put it up before I walked out with it. After I got home I told the wife about it and mentioned about next month is my 65th birthday. All she said was , You know how the boys want yours. My grandsons drool over my present one.

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

That happens to me with guns i fondle them for a while at the gun shop then i come home do some research and sme dreaming and If the wife has said yes by all-means SW get in there and buy it up.I have done the the same with cars dont ever let me test drive them

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Ya'll are lucky!! My wife says "you need another gun for what?" She still hasn't noticed the 8mm Mauser in the gunrack! lol
    Yesterday I found a Simmonds scope for a .22 for $5.00 in a Salvation Army. It's a 3-9X32mm. It's an older one but in excellent shape. When I got in the truck I told her that now I have to buy a .22 to go with it and I heard, "you mean you bought something for a gun you don't even have?" If you have to explain it, they will never understand!! lol

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

All I have to do is SEE 1,no touching required :eek:. I bought 4 guns last year alone.The wife don't care,she bought her 1st 1 last year too;). Now I want a Desert Eagle,but doubt I'll ever get that kind of money.:eek:

5. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

WELLLLLLL.......I now have two S&W Mod. 22A-1s. I went this morning and picked up the stainless 5 1/2 with wood target grips. I put a new Center Point on the blued one and the Tasco on the new one. Both shoot great and like the same ammo....everything I have really. The Aguila Sub-Sonics really shoot as good or better than any but don't cycle the guns reliably. I need to get some standard velocity ammo for them. Pistols shoot standard better than High-velocity. The Sub-sonics are fine in the revolvers....as are the longs. Now the grandsons will be happy......and ME....HAPPY BIRTHDAY...A little early but I couldn't change it getting away before next month.

Attached Files:

6. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Guns are like women. If you sample the goods on the first date your hooked.
    Congrats SWO1 very nice

7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

you have the same problem i do! if i handle something that appeals to me, it has a endency to follow me home!

congrats on the new pistol! it looks great! enjoy it.:D

9. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

My advice to you is that if your wife has her own gun, stay away from bars, roadhouses and honky-tonks.

10. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Amen Bro, amen!