I'm excited.......

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Windy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

I got a small bonus at work. Enough to buy the two tires I need for my car and between what's left of the bonus and what little I've saved up I think I'll have the money to buy that Henry I want. I'm so excited I could scream!!!

http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-lever-youth.cfm?CFID=10370496&CFTOKEN=92423057

I think it will be a good rifle for my Granddaughter to learn on, too. So far I've just let her shoot my BB gun pistol.

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Ya-Hoo Windy.
    Way to go!!!
    Let the music begin.

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Congratulations.Hope you enjoy it.

4. Windy

Why can't I find any information on the length of pull for the Crickett youth model rifle? I'm not really interested in the rifle, per se, but the LOP for the Henry Lever youth model is 13"; I wonder how that compares to the Crickett rifle. Can anyone find that information for me? I sure can't. :mad:

5. Windy

When I get it, I'll share it all with you. I also like posting the first target with any of my new guns.

Here's the first 40 rounds I shot out of my Sig P238. Target set at 21 feet (7 yards).

Attached Files:

6. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

For Christmas last year I bought my dad the 22 Peace Maker he has always want. I also made him a western cartridge belt to carry it in. Now it seems he likes that idea, and is hinting he has always wanted a Henry 22 lever gun.:rolleyes: I guess I'll be looking for one too real soon.;)

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats! We're you just an exceptional worker?

8. Windy

Haha........yeah, that.

No. I work at a 'not for profit' community hospital. We have had a booming year with way more patients than usual. As a not for profit hospital, they are only able to take in so much income to keep the place running, make improvements, etc. Anything above and beyond what they are allowed to take in and remain NFP, they distribute to the employees and gifts and bonuses.

I work for an awesome place. I like my boss, my supers, my hours, my co-workers. I consider myself pretty lucky to have a good job in this economy (I've been there since 1997) and to really like all aspects of my job. We have had quite a bit of training on fostering good working relationships with each other.....such as conflict resolution, etc. I can't tell you how much I love my job as in what I do, who I work for and the place I work at. :D

As a matter of fact, our smallish community hospital was rated 6th safest hospital in the whole state of Illinois according to Consumer Reports. We were also rated "most wired" in the state for the size of our hospital in regards to the use of computers for charting, auto faxing, medical records, etc.

Okay, I'll stop now. You can see I think the hospital I work at is awesome!! Consequently, we have very low employee turn over rates, therefore less cost in training new employees, better continuity of care, etc.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. Shooter

Are you nurse?

That sounds like a great place to work.

10. Windy

Medical Technologist. I work in the lab doing all the blood tests, blood banking, microbiology set ups, etc. If your doctor orders any blood work or throat swabs, etc., I'm the one doing it.

It is a great place to work. :D

Between my wonderful job and my elderly Father.........that's what keeps me stuck in Illinois.

11. Shooter

So a phlebotomist? My wife had to have blood drawn before the c section. We had a real nice German girl that drew it.

12. Windy

ACK!!! :mad:

I have a BS degree in Medical Technology. The phlebotomists draw the blood and bring it to the lab where I run perform the testing. I also maintain the analyzers, do QC, etc.

Let me repeat myself here.........:cool:

13. Windy

Sadly, I think my car needs a new master cylinder for the hydraulic clutch besides the two new tires. I think my Henry Lever money is going to my car.
    [​IMG]
    How does that always seem to happen?

14. duster066

Don't do it! There will always be a reason to not buy the gun. I've wanted an AR15 since I joined the AF in 80. Several times I've had the money and went looking. Every time there was some reason to not buy the gun. 32 years latter I still have no AR.

Here's my point. Not one of those reasons was a real emergency, just normal life expenses that would be fixed anyway.;)

15. Windy

Don't do what? Not having enough money to buy the gun is a pretty darned good reason to not buy the gun. :(

16. duster066

It was mostly silly sarcastic advice.;) Of course you have to do what ever you have to do. To be honest I've never been accused of being practical, and if I had really wanted an AR I would have bought one decades ago. That is one rifle I simply can't come up with a real need for, so I've been practical.

17. Windy

Damn. I want an AR almost as bad as I want a Henry. The difference is, I can (hopefully) afford a Henry. It won't be until next year that I can afford an AR.

I have to take care of my car. I want the Henry. I'll get that Henry.....it's just a matter of when.

And when I do I'm going to have someone else drive me to pick it up so I can hang out the passenger side window and shoot it in the air all the way home. :eek:

18. Shooter

I'm sorry. I thought they were one in the same.

19. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Windy, check this out

http://www.crickett.com/crickett_rifle_specs.php?osCsid=og5oar1e3m4qg1l6n0aa34u5k4

20. Windy