I'm Still Sucking Air

Discussion in 'Prayers and Well Wishes' started by Spoon, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Been feeling poorly...again with this damn carcinoma mess. Got a message to check in with y'all, thus the reason for this short post.

Haven't spent 2 hours on the net during the past 2 wks. Trying to get my electrolytes straightened back out. What a mess am I! Winter is the least favorite time anymore for me, despite my recent labs showing that my blood count and all the other data that they get from blood samples these days say I'm in good shape. I dunno, but with the Good LORD's blessings...maybe I can get through the next couple of months without needing another stay and some real earnest work from the Oncologist and the Infernal Medicine folks. Next check up is the 30th of this month.

Wish me lots of luck...history shows I'll need it! Thanks all :rolleyes:

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Hope you get to feelin better Spoon. I kinda like havin you here.

3. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Hope everything gets better Spoon. We will be praying for you.

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

Kick some ass Spoon. Our thoughts are with ya!

5. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

You get better spoon, don`t make me fly out there and beat you

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you Spoon.
    I pray that God would give you the strength to endure, peace and patience that only He can give and wisdom for the doctors. May your situation improve according to His will.
    Take care of yourself and stop in as time allows. :)

7. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Thanks Gents!

Never going to be "cured", but I take what GOD hands me and make the most of it. Feeling a little better and stronger now that my potassium level is on the upswing. That liquid 'K' is nasty to the taste buds, but it beats the alternative!

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. :)

8. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

My sister had gone through all they had to put her through only for cancer to keep coming back. She went on a 100% gluten free diet maybe 7 years ago and she is cancer free now. It is amazing that FDA will not allow natural ways to claim as a cure for many illnesses.
    Between gluten, high fructose corn syrup { which is in dang near everything, even in my dogs food}, mercury and even fluoride it is not a wonder why so many more people are sick and fat these days. The USA is one of a few countries that haven't outlawed many of these products to be used for human consumption.

9. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I MISS ya spoon on here and the last face to face was TO long ago. Get to feelin better buddy ......

10. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Prayers Sent Good to see you agasin

11. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Its real good to hear from you again. Pray fully you will beat this enough to feel better. Praying for you Mon. Take care!

12. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Kick a goal or two Mate
    Thinking of you !

Cheers
    Bucky

13. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Your Sister's Good Fortune a la Natural

She's been blessed to beat any type of cancerous process by simply changing her diet! Mine on the other had is incurable outside of possible a liver transplant. I'm only 1 of the 3 documented cases that this endocrine cancer manifested itself under. I'm stuck with a poop bag and my liver is riddled with little tumors that turn out some super-powerful hormones that fried my entire digestive system. Every 3 months this year I've underwent cardiac caths and Dr. Kumar (Interventional Radiology Therapist) at Fischel Cancer Ctr in Columbia put 'hot' drugs and tee-tiny glass beads directly into the area where the biggest cluster of these darn tumors are located. A month later we hit it again in the next biggest cluster. He takes 15-20 seconds to run that catheter from my groin and up to the exact spot he needs to be. He truly is a God send!!!

Basically, he kills the part of the liver where these little devils are and as that piece of liver dies so top the tumors clusters. If it weren't for his aggressive approach, I would be in the Heaven looking down on folks (I humbly hope & pray!) back in March of this year. He doesn't worry about the red tape, U of MO minimum lab result & medical standards, but just does all he can for many other patients with all kinds of tumors. He's the only reason I'm still 'suck'n air'! My primary cancer tumors (3) were removed a little over 3 years ago, but their metastasized hormonal tumors in my liver are incurable...eternally. Next check up is 30 Dec and they'll do another MRI from my chin to below my groin, draw blood/run tests and see my Oncologist, Dr. Doll and his current assistant training as in Oncology through his fellowship.

Don't know why I was so fortunate to be stricken by this rare type of cancer, but it has to be God's test for me. Prayers and Drs. Kumar and my oncologist Donald Doll through His hands has kept me from the furnace and prolonged the time I have to spend with my bride, family and friends. Just a tough path to walk, but I'm thankful for all my blessing :)

Thanks again...EVERYONE for you warm thoughts, well wishes and prayers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  14. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

Supposedly gluten stops or impedes the normal body immune systems. Yes I am glad it works for her.
    Here Here to your sucking air for way into the future. May you and yours have a Merry Christmas and holidays.