Info: Sears Lever Action

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by LarryJ, Jun 11, 2013.

1. LarryJ

LarryJ New Member

I've inherited a Sears lever action in 35 Rem that shoots like a dream. I am sure that it is a Marlin made, pistol grip stock and all. But can't seem to find much info on it. Everything I read says 30-30, which it is definitely not, and is marked 35 Rem.

Does anybody have some info on the 35s?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  2. hunter5567

hunter5567 Well-Known Member

Does the trigger move with the lever? If so its a Mossberg lever action. Model 472 I believe. They made those in 30-30 ans 35. If it operates just like a Marlin it probably is Marlin made. Do you have the model number for it and I can look it up in my Bluebook. Should be on the barrel. 101.XXX or something like that.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum !!

Yes, give us more info to help you with it's identity...including pictures !

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Sears had several guns made and sold them under the name of Ted Williams. I have a Winchester 1100 pump 12 gauge that Was sold as a Ted Williams. Got some picture, model #', more info and I will try to look it up.

5. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Hey LarryJ...
    You got yourself a Sears Model 45. Very nice rifles. Probably looks like this......

Attached Files:

6. hunter5567

hunter5567 Well-Known Member

That's a 1200 Winchester pump. That model 45 looks like a Glenfield without the cheesy stamped checkering.

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

LarryJ; Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you here.

8. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

You are correct, on both accounts, but specially on the 1200. Don't know what I was thinkin', thanks!