It's hot!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Reached almost a hundred degree in my area.

Is it already heating up in your town?

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

already getting into the high 70's and low 80's here in East Texas. seems like just like last year.

3. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

It's gonna be in the high 80's here in MO later in the week. I consider that too warm for the first week in May.

4. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

We're expecting 90 by the end of the week here in central Maryland but it was very comfortable today with highs in the mid-60s.

5. Bearhands

Bearhands Well-Known Member

currently 6:30 am it's 49 degrees here in upstate PA. It's supposed to hit 80 by Friday.

6. Shooter

Getting any of the fabled rain?

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

If'n it's OK with you guys in the deep south - you can turn the thermostat down a few notches for the next 3-4 weeks. Starting next Monday, the wife & I are heading down Rt. 66 on our way to the Grand Canyon. I'd prefer 80 - 85 if that's OK with you guys. LOL.

Grey

8. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Grey, I think you're going to have have to ask the Big Guy for cooler weather and given your avatar, I think you know who I'm talkin' about! I hope you have a good weather and a great time on your trip.

9. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Thanks 28 shooter.
    Lord willing, it will be a super trip.

Grey

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  10. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

I've spent lots time down there greyhawk, it's not bad at all. You will have a great time.

Austin, it wont hit 60 here this week, kinda cold and rainy. Tomorrow we are supposed to get some sun. I hope so because I have about 7 new cowboy loads to test. By the way who ever recommended Bullseye for cheaper shooting, well that's what they are.:)

11. spittinfire

spittinfire Member

It's starting to get warm here. We were in the high 80s yesterday and we're suppose to hit 90 today. Humidity has been terrible so it feels worse.

12. Shooter

That's what I don't like about my area. It's one of the more humid sections of Texas.

Not as bad as Houston, but still pretty bad.

13. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

We're getting some of that Texas heat and humidity today in MO courtesy a strong gusty wind straight out of the south. It will be pushing 90 here the next couple of days.

I think I need a summer home in the mountains.

14. duster066

Man I'll take this rain over that heat all day long! We don't get much snow either.:p

15. Shooter

I saw a report, it's raining the mountains of Mexico right over the border.

It's sending the humidity this way, but the rain maybe not.

16. duster066

That's what happens here. The Olympic range isn't large enough to wring all the Pacific moister out of the air. Then it hits the Cascades and drenches us. But 80 miles east of here it's desert because we get it all that's left. Marysville is right in the middle of the Puget Sound convergence zone. Air is funneled through the two ranges from the south through the Columbia river outlet. Another blast comes in from the north through The Straight of Juan De Fuca. They converge just off shore in Puget Sound in the Everett, Marysville area. Sometimes it's a little north and Lynnwood is spared. Sometimes it's a little south and Mt Vernon is spared. But we get drenched every time. It rains more in my town than anywhere else in the Seattle area. And it can suck real bad, but I'll take it over 110 degrees any day.

17. Shooter

Is it a drizzle or does it pour?

18. duster066

It rarely drizzles or pours here. Just constant clouds 40 and 50 degree temps and rain most of the year. It rarely dips below 30 degrees or above 80. Summers are the most beautiful anywhere I've been. From about mid July until late September highs are in the seventies or low eighties, wall to wall sun shine and light breezes. Then it starts raining again until next July.

19. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

you think Central Texas is humid, then come to East Texas in the summer after a rain! there have been times at work that by 9:00 am in the morning i was soaking wet from sweating it was so humid! Houston is bad too.

20. Shooter

No. You guys have it far worse and I know to stay out of Houston in the summer.