Knife forum ??

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by oldbrass, Jan 28, 2012.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

In the (other gun forum) there`s a (single six action) thread with some beautiful bowie knives. I`ll bet a knife forum would go over real well hear.
    Lets put it to vote..

2. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

I know Marlin made razors at one time , but knifes ?

3. oldbrass

I thought Remington made razors

4. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Timed out replying

Could be an interesting section though , most firearm folks also love good knifes ! And I'd like to see one.
    That being said .....
    Seems like it is easy to make so many sections that the sheer # gets overwhelming and folks skip over most and just look at the few that interest them . Thereby missing out on some of the conversations that take place in fewer, more broader sections that they may have clicked on and had some useful input on . [​IMG]

Just my 2 pennys worth .

5. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

http://cutlerscove.com/neat-stuff/marlin.htm

Marlin Firearms Company Double Edge Razor Blade, single, mint wrapped in the original blue paper. These have not been made in years, I think they came out sometime in the 1950's to 1960's. Carbon steel. If you are a Marlin rifle fan these are a neat item to add to your collection because they were not in production for very long. Also called Safety Razor Blade. Made in USA.
    Great item for all you seibinologists (those who study the practice of shaving) out there.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Marlin Firearms Company New Haven, Conn. Guns since 1870.
    [​IMG]

6. oldbrass

Well I`ll be learn somethin everyday..You see there,we do need a knife forum !!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Hey oldbrass...while it isn't a knife forum, I did start a Edged Weapon Picture Thread in the "other guns" area of this forum.

Hope you decide to post a few pictures of your knives !!

8. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

If that gains interest I would be happy to set up it's own forum.

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Knife Section Information

on another forum that i am a member of, Firearms Talk Forum, there is a member on there by the name of Griffin81, that i have been looking at some of his posts, he makes handmade knives out of various different items, such as saw blades and files. and some of the knives he has made are just impressive and beautifuly done. he doesn't use any fancy equipment to make them either. after looking at some he has done and noting what it takes to make them, i am thinking about venturing into maybe trying my hand at making a couple and see how i do.

10. SHOOTER13

I would like to see you venture into that Axxe...I'd be one of your first customers !

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i appreciate that shooter, but mine probably wouldn't something that someone would want to spend money on, they would probably give me money to keep them!

12. hunter2506

hunter2506 Member

Here are my knives

Attached Files:

13. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I have a few Folders like a Remington and a Kershaw Vapor. Nothing special in that category.
    Here are my fixed blade knives. Again, nothing special.
    The first photo is a Spec Plus Marine Raider Bowie by Ontario Knife Co, in N.Y. I was in one of my survival moods awhile back so I bought the Bowie.
    In the second photo are a couple older knives that I've had for years. Top is a Timber Rattler and the bottom is an old Schrade-Walden that was my Go-To knife for many years. It has a crude sheath made from conveyor belt material. Crude but durable and effective. Those 2 have served me well over the years. :))
    The third photo is a newer Mossberg over a USA made Buck Alpha Hunter. So far, unused.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  14. SHOOTER13