Latest acquisition.

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by greyhawk50, Dec 9, 2012.

1. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

As most of you know, I enjoy buying, selling and trading firearms.
    As most also know, I recently sold my 336 Marlin .35 rem.
    Another commonly known fact is that I like shotguns and use them far more than any other type that I own.
    Actually, I worked a trade where I received a shotgun plus a little boot for the Marlin and all the stuff. I hadn't mentioned it because I knew you would want pictures.
    The pictures aren't the best but you get the idea.
    Here she is; A Stoeger STF 3000 O/U 20 gage.
    I most especially like the wood. Doesn't hurt that she's built to fit me well.
    I made the deal with a close friend and had shot the gun last year. It shoot very well which is the main reason for the trade.

Attached Files:

2. greyhawk50

Close-ups of the wood.

Here are close-ups of the walnut furniture.
    Thanks for sharing in my joy. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

:eek: Thats awesome wood furiture on that gun Hawk! I have always wanted a over and under shotgun but I could never afford one

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Wow that sure is purdy. They went all out on the wood.

5. greyhawk50

Thanks FOUR4D4.
    The STF 3000 isn't as pricey as one might think. I doubt that they all have this nice a wood but "even a blind sow can find an acorn once in awhile". :eek:
    The STF 3000 is made by Stoeger, exclusively for Dick's Sporting Goods. (Stoeger's standard model is called a Condor.) Msrp is $599.00 but Dick's sells them for $499.00. From time to time, Dick's will have them on sale for $399.00. Just last week, they were advertized on-line for $380.00. That not a bad price for an entry level O/U.
    On-line reviews are mixed but this one seems to be a good one.
    After doing some honest calculations, I figure I've got about $300.00 in this one. I think I'll keep it for awhile. ;)
    A suitable 20 ga. O/U was the last item on my Wish List. (for now anyway).

A few years ago, I owned a Browning Citori 12 ga. O/U. At the time, it was $600.00 used and has increased by almost half since I traded it off.
    On the other hand, I recently owned an O/U American Arms Silver I in 20 ga. with a used value of $400.00. I was not at all pleased with it and moved it on pretty quickly.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. FOUR4D4

I find it interesting on the one trigger design.We expect a full range report and review soon Hawk :rolleyes:

7. FOUR4D4

The standard model Condor don't have the fancy scratches (engraving) like yours Hawk.I'm kinda jealous
    I wonder if Dicks Sporting Goods has layaway?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Beautiful gun!!! The only o/u I've ever had was a set of Winchester 101's in .41, 28, 20, and 12 gauge in Skeet and Skeet. That was back in '72 when I used to shoot competition skeet. Wish I had then back!!! Like the one you have, it seemed like an extension of my arm when I was shooting it.

9. greyhawk50

May not happen "soon". It's cold up here, but I'll keep your request in mind.

Unlike the Condor, the STF 3000 has engraving and a nickel receiver. The Condor is all Blued.

The only negative is the lack of a barrel selector switch. It shoots the bottom barrel first and then the top. When shooting "Clays", you are forced to take the closest bird first whether you want to or not. If you're shooting "Trap" and want the Full Choke, then you have to change the tubes around. Not a big deal. Just need to be aware.

10. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

WoooWeee! Such pretty wood and all, I didn't even start to try and figure the maker or model. Sure doesn't resemble their "Coach Gun" offerings!

11. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Very nice !!!!! Congrats !!!!!!

12. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Very nice Grey - Congratulations!

13. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting