Law enforcement

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by wrestling189, Aug 25, 2014.

1. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

Should police switch over to the lighter faster shooting more reliable easier faster to operate winchester sxp or stick with the bulky out dated remington 870?

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I`d hardly call the 870 Unreliable

3. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

Not unreliable but are we stuck with an out dated model of shot gun for instance look were the pump lock release is in front of the trigger and the safety behind the trigger not very good place for either of those tactical wise the winchester among other shot guns have the safety in front of trigger for quick finger trigger placement instead of haveing to move your hand forward and back to work safety or release winchester also has an assisted eject for faster action work not putting down the 870 very very good firearm but why are we not moving forward ?

4. Nogoat

Nogoat Well-Known Member

Nothing gets attention like racking a shell into an 870

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

5. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

ya but its not about that its about whats more effective and if i can have three shells off before u i have a better chance of winning or lets say the gun doesnt feed 870 u have to reach up to put another shell in ? Although people with longer fingers it could be ok

6. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

Love my 870, wouldn't change it.

7. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

Have you tried the winchester or mossberg 500 in a tactical senario because the military likes to think that the mossberg is best not piking faves just saying others could be looked at

8. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

I have carried the mossy 500, and don't care for it as much as the 870 tactical

The 870 is a "do it all" shotgun

9. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

Yes it is a great shotgun but the point aside from personal prefrence is that there are definently better shotguns out there for law enforcement . Even if we had to switch to semi autos like the versamax style sx3styl you know ? Or even coming out with a new 870 with improvements

10. Nogoat

Nogoat Well-Known Member

Anybody tried the Weatherby tach shot gun, fairly cheap and well I have no weatherbys

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

11. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

WOW...all in one breath.

12. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

If you dont have anything smart to say dont say anything, everything stated in my paragraph is stated correctly and all facts

13. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Everybody be nice now

14. hombre243

The lack of any punktuation makes this hard to read and understand. I think that is smart.

15. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

Lack of puncuation? Hard to read? just read the words this isnt an english class

16. wrestling189

wrestling189 Member

And you spelled punctuation wrong hypocrite

17. hombre243

Hahaha. Glad you noticed.

18. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Whatever weapon system you use for self defence or in this case Law enforcement the Key is to train with it until it becomes muscle memory...That means being able to do it in a high stress situation without having to think about it.....Arguement solved !!!

19. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Absolutely correct oldbrass! Even the weapon you hunt with should become an extension of your body. There are pro's and con's to extend the virtues of any type weapon, the great thing about it is we live in a country that allows us to do so.