Lefty bolt action ????

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by oldbrass, Jan 9, 2012.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I asked this in another forum about an hour ago.
    Want to get out of the brush and get a good 30-06 left-hand bolt action in the $550-$650 range what would you get??
    You haven`t had a bolt action in 20+ years so don`t know whats good for the money these days. Don`t care how pretty it is just a good shooter with an adjustable trigger. Will likely be your only and last bolt action.

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm actually looking for the same. I've never ventured into bolt actions due to being left handed.

3. oldbrass

The other forum rates the savage as a good choice, never owned a savage before.

4. Shooter

I haven't either.

I don't know anyone who has one.

I talked to a guy at Cabelas and they had a few, most in junior models.

5. oldbrass

A junior model would work, I`m only 5`7 and have short arms LOL

6. Shooter

I'm 6'2" and have arms like a gorilla so I think I would have issues.

The guy kept telling my a right handed would work for me.

As I told him, "If you're going to give me one, then yes it might, but as I'm paying for it I would like a lefty model.". I've shot right handed bolts, I think most lefties have, I just want something built for me at this point.

7. oldbrass

I hear that all the time to " just get a right hand" Whens the last time you saw a righty with a left hand bolt ????:rolleyes:

8. Shooter

Never.

Honestly I find it insulting.

They are paying money for something made for them, why would I want anything different.

You know you never hear it when you're buying a baseball glove though.

9. Wdkincer

Wdkincer New Member

I have a Ruger M77 LH 30-06 and love it
    I would recommend this gun to anyone that shoots Left handed
    and wanting a bolt action rifle
    A friend of mine has a Savage LH and he loves his
    I just purchased a Marlin X7C 25-06 if they had made it in LH I would have bought one.

10. myg30

myg30 Member

I'm also LH and never had the pleasure of shooting a LH bolt, nor had the money to afford one years ago. Now I think it would be learning to shoot all over again if I had one LH'er ?
    As a test I switched a ambi pistol to LH mag release. In a quick shoot reload my thumb went searching for the mag button. No speed reload there.
    I know rifle is a slower shoot but if I ever NEEDED to follow up second shot I'd choke !!

Mike

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i am right handed, but wish Marlin would offer the X7 series in left handed models as there is a good market for it. i too don't think that someone should tell a lefty, to just shoot a right handed one as that looks to be kind of awkward looking and must feel awkward to do. shame that lefties have to struggle along with stuff not suited to their needs.

12. Shooter

It's not pleasant but I would lying if I said I wasn't used to it.

13. deerdog

deerdog New Member

I have a savage 111 i n 25.06 left hand barrell floated and bedded. Shoots 5 shots u can cover wit a half dollar

14. mlinkrpt

mlinkrpt New Member

Left Handed Bolt Action .30-06

Easy question: Savage 110 - quality built rifle and definitely in your price range-Good luck!!!

15. mlinkrpt

mlinkrpt New Member

Lefty's suffer

I'm a Lefty and totally agree!!! Got a Blaser with 5 barrels though and love it! High dollar though!!!