Lever guns are addictive.

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by upnorth73, Jan 16, 2015.

1. upnorth73

upnorth73 Member

Well about 5 years ago I bought my first marlin. A pre Remington 1894 in 44 mag. New I'd like it, but gotta say I love the thing, a great size and great short range caliber.
    Anyway, that sooner turned into a want of an 1895 45/70. Eventually I found an older one (pre cross bolt safety), in better than average condition. Where I live I don't have a lot of need for it but I just wanted one.

So now I've been offered a 1895 in 444. Haven't ever been after one, but the price is quite good, and they aren't real common, so I gave the guy a deposit.
    I have also put active feelers out for a model 39a, like I said. Lever guns are addictive.

2. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

You do not need to tell me they are addictive I almost filled this rack with them.

[​IMG]

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Y'all are right! I'm down to just one now. I have a 30 caliber carbine Levermatic. I have 6 grandsons, so you can guess where they went.

4. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Gumpy, they will remember you with every cleaning of the rifle too.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I'm a legend in my own mind! Lol. I just wanted to see them enjoy it while I was living, so it was sort of stingy on my part.

6. upnorth73

upnorth73 Member

Couldn't think of anyone better to give them to, sons or grandsons. Then they have a little piece of family history that is as good as treasure.

7. sojourner55

sojourner55 Member

Tell me about it. Got a 39a, couple of 1894s, a 356 ER. And a few others.