Lighter Trigger for GBL 1895

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by DUTCHS, Jan 18, 2013.

1. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

I can't seem to find one... Does someone make a lighter full trigger assembly for the 1895? I am just not all that handy yet with my rifles and wouldn't want to do a bunch of polishing... Thanks

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

have you tried wild west triggers ?

3. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

Nope..I will take a look now though. Thanks OB

4. Chilly

Chilly Member

If there is any interest, I can make up a small tutorial on how I did my own version of the wwg trigger kit, using only a small metal plate between the two parts in the trigger assembly. I also lightly stoned my sear, but that's not really necessary if the trigger is breaking clean.

5. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I lightened my 336 with a stone, I`d like to see your method
    OB

6. Chilly

Chilly Member

Ill get some pics in to the phone and write something up. It's an easy job, including a small pice of metal, a drill, and needle-files.
    I'll be back in a bit.

7. Chilly

Chilly Member

Here are the parts. I am assuming who ever does this knows how to get the trigger out..

All I did, was make wedge shaped metal plate, that fits in between the two parts of the trigger. It should be snug, but still have a little play in it, or the trigger block won't work. When put together, the trigger should look like this.

And the added part. The important thing is the wedge shape, and the hole in the plate needs to be tight when it's assembled. Just trial and error. File some, test, file some, test. And so on until it fits.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  8. Chilly

Chilly Member

Later on, I have also stoned my trigger. But that is something I don't recommend you do unless absolutely sure of what you are doing. I mostly smoothed the engaging surfaces, and ever so slightly changed the angle of them, to have a lighter but still safe trigger. On a hunting rifle, I never make the trigger lighter than 1,4 kilograms. Don't know what that amounts to in pounds, but there is no reason to go lighter.

Edit: 1,4 kg is 3,09 pounds.