Look at what I found....

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by Spud9, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

Marlin Revelation 120, dated to Sept of 1965. Needs alot of work but I cant wait to get to it. Pawn shop find.

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

western auto sold lots of marlins...what are your plans for this one spud ??

3. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

I plan on making it look better than when it was new in the box...and shoot straight too.

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Another fine rifle to be restored to it's original glory. Keep'em coming.

5. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Bit of a 'barn find', that. It has really nice looking wood and should refinish great.
    Coincidentally, I won a Revelation 150 at auction a few days back. Not at all the bolt action I've been looking for but it caught my eye and I just couldn't let it go. It's on a slow track to my door so I suspect, as fast as you work, that you'll have yours done before I get mine. :)

I'm in no hurry. Here are the auction pics.

Attached Files:

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

7. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

01sporty.. nice rifle and it has the original 4x15 scope... Nice!!! Congrats.

8. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Yup, don't see many of those scopes. Definitely one of the things that sold me on it.

You should post a few pictures of yours when you get is stripped and again when it's finished. Make a great before & after.

9. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

I actually have 3 of the original scopes that came with the Glenfield/Marlin 60's. I plan on posting pics as I go along but sometimes forget to take them.... I will keep ya'll posted. I have to finish a 1911 job and my Ruger 10/22 (the other .22lr). I redesigned the stock and used an aluminum rod to give it a different look. Once those are done I will get started on the Rev.

10. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I`ve never seen a revelation scope..Who made them ??

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

nice score on the rifle there Spud! looking forward to seeing more pictures during and after.