Look what followed me home

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by hombre243, Oct 13, 2017.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Don't mind me. I close my eyes when someone snaps a picture of me...even me. My new Mossberg MMR Hunter. They are all out of camo so I got it black, at Bud's,

When I get it all dolled up I will post more.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

3. hombre243

I like the feel of it already and all I did was clean it up a little. The mount and rings I got do not snug up on the rail so I will have to send them back. I may go to Walmart or somewhere close to see if I can find something that will work. Other than that...so far so good.

Today was deer opener but it is the front stuffer opener. I was told to keep my powder dry so I stayed home. It was raining pretty good at 430 this am so I just went back to bed. I have 8 days left.

***I started digging through my throw away scopes and I found a pair of Picatinny rings that fit the rail and are the right height. The scope is set...although not comfortable to shoot and if I want to bring it back farther I will need an oversized charging handle.

I will put a bipod on it tomorrow and snap some photos when it is lighter outside. I may do an outside shot. I think I will like this rifle and, I may sell the Mossberg 3030 so I can get another Marlin 3030. It was a lot better shooter out of the box than this clunker is.

More later.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  4. hombre243

It is ready to take to the range. It is blowin hard and not worth trying to sight so I will wait.

I don't have much room to navigate in this little cubby hole so 2 almost the same pics is all I could get before my camera battery died.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

Beautiful!........

6. hombre243

I had to file down the swivel stud on the bipod. The swivel would not swivel over the stud. When the rifle is slung over the shoulder the swivel can dig into the shoulder. Now it swivels back and forth and des not gouge. That is about as mechanical I can get.

But I did disassemble the bolt carrier, the bolt, took out the firing pin and removed the bolt pivot pin. I hate mechanical things if i have to work on them but if I am going to shoot one of these suckers I should learn to tear them at least part way down and clean or repair them. It is an enjoyable learning period.

Now, if I can figure out how I got the top off the bottom and put it back together I may go shoot it soon.:rolleyes:

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

8. hombre243

I made one for my MVP and when I tried it I immediately didn't like the feel. And non adjustable, so I tore it apart and rolled all the cord into little balls and now they are used for other things.

That ugly brown pad is off of an army courier bag. I thought I may need it to pad the buckles on the sling but I think I will remove it and find a black one. I think I can probably get by without one. I will be getting a Safari Sling sometime anyway. It is non slip and padded a little.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  9. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

What caliber is it??

10. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Sure is sharp looking!