Marlin 1894 44 mag scope question.

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by tnt1960, Feb 7, 2016.

1. tnt1960

tnt1960 Member

2. msharley

msharley Well-Known Member

Hey TNT,

Welcome to the Marlin Forum.

Good for you! A new 1894!:)

Not familiar with the Bushnell.....

Am really happy with the Skinner Sights.....http://www.skinnersights.com/

Later, Mark

3. tnt1960

tnt1960 Member

Thanks, Mark! Yeah, I can't wait for it to arrive. I had that same Bushnell 4# scope on my Remington 870 12 guage slug gun, and loved it. I especially liked the Circle-X reticle. I'm thinking I'll probably put the same one on my new 1894.

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Marlin Forum.
    I've had good success with the BSA line of scopes. They are a good scope on a working man's budget.
    I've owned numerous scopes over the years and have had problems with Simmons, Tasco and Bushnell on occasion with them not wanting to hold point of aim. Other people have had little to no problem. Not saying they are all bad. Only on occasion.
    Tasco used to make a quality scope but in recent years, I've found them to be run of the mill.
    I've heard good things about the Nikon Pro-Staff scopes but they are more pricey.
    Some will suggest that you buy a Top Shelf scope. Those with more money than myself look at them as a lifetime investment. My mind just doesn't work that way.
    I've owned a couple Center Points with the lighted reticles. For the money, they are a decent scope except they are heavy. The added weight might be a disadvantage for a brush gun where you enjoy taking a quick shot.
    Those are my thoughts. I hope it helps.