Marlin 1895 450 marlin

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by jnhfrahm, Nov 23, 2012.

1. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm Member

I have a chance to get the gun in the picture with out that scope for $475. I really don't have a need for this large of a caliber but man a live I want this real bad. Is this a good price? I have done a lot of research on the Internet and found some for $600. But there is not alot out there that i can find for sale. I just don't want to let a good deal go be. Even though I don't "need" it.

Attached Files:

2. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm Member

Made in 2004. After more research it looks like a basic starting price for it.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Nice deal,Please tell me your going to get rid of those see thru scope mounts

4. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm Member

Well the price is $475 with out them. I was thinking of just using iron sights and leave a scope off it for now. Price is $525 with them and a 4x scope. Thanks for the feedback. I want it and that helps me to "talk" the wife into it. :)

5. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a good price for a .450. You don't need any other reason than you' want it' to buy a new rifle.

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of the see-thru rings except to gain the extra height when using a 50mm scope. Looks like that scope is pretty close to the rear sight. It's a personal choice and if it works for you, go for it. ;)

7. 1895gunner

1895gunner Well-Known Member

Did you get it? I sure do like my 1895M....

1895gunner

8. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

9. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

Buy it. Thats a great price. Marlin does not make them anymore. Please use iron sights. A scope is just not right on these guns.