Marlin 44 mag lever

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Randall, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Randall

Randall Member

I'm really interested in one of those and was wondering if there are any particular years that had problems?

Also I'm a new member and will also say Howdy to all!

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to our group. Glad to have you here.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum :D

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Glad to have aboard Randall. For the time being, I would stick with any Marlin made before 2007, that way you won't have any worries. If you can't find an earlier model and have to buy a new one go over it with a fine tooth comb. If you are not familiar with Marlin lever actions have someone who is check the rifle before you spend your cash. You didn't say if this is your first Marlin or not, but if it is, the .44mag is a great place to start.

5. Randall

Randall Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. And thanks for the tip Hyphenated. Actually I have a 1976 version 336 in .35 rem. I bought it new and a red field wide angle 3 -9 variable scope the same day. I don't deer hunt anymore, but I still have it. A neighbor brought a late 80 version .44 mag yesterday. He offered it to me foe 450. I think I'm gonna take him up on it. It's about 95%.

Thanks again!

Randall

6. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Randall...$450 is a fair deal for an early model .44 in 95% condition. It sounds like your .35rem is a nice rifle as well.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Randall !!

8. Randall

Randall Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate the tip also. I have a marlin .35 Remington that I bought new Back in 1977 along with a Redfield Widefield 3-9 scope. I no longer hunt, and the marlin is just about like the day I bought it. My reason for asking about the 44 mag was that a neighbor has one that's about 20 years old and I think I'll be buying it soon. As with most anything, sometimes particular years will have a few bugs in them that needs to be worked out,but I think I'll be pretty content with this 1894 .44 magnum Marlin. Thanks again for the replies!

9. Randall

Randall Member

Oops...sorry for the added post. Trying to get used to the forem. It's a bit more complicated than others i've used. I thought my previous post didn't go through.

10. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

welcome to the Marlin Forum and glad you joined Randall.

$450 sounds like a fair price and BTW, we expect pictures if you buy it!:D

11. Randall

Randall Member

Pictures......yep, i'll be sure to do that. I' include a couple of the .35 also....

12. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Welcome aboard Randall! $450 on the .44 sounds like a good deal to me.