Marlin 60 price check pleez

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by oldbrass, Jan 11, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

A fella in town has what he sais is a like NIB model 60 for $230. Is this a good price ?? I don`t need another .22 but you know how it is !!

2. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I've never paid more than $75 for a used 60. I wouldn't be interested in paying more than $125 for a like new one.

4. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

Brand new condition in box - $150+
    New with no box - $140
    Very good, very minor blemishes or marks - $125
    Good condition, a few marks/scratches, maybe a little surface rust (very little) - $90 to $110 (depending on amount of rust)
    Poor, but still fires, surface rust with minor pitting, stock in ok condition - $70 to $80
    Bad conditon - Lots of rust, pitting, gouges and alot of wear in stock - $50 to $60
    Bad and not firing - $30 to $40

In any condition, if the gun is not firing take $50 to $75 off the price for repairs.
    Remember, an old gun that doesn't fire is still worth the $ for parts if the price is right.

5. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I'm cheap :p

6. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

Dude, if you can get them to come down in price on any gun you do it. Just never over pay for anything, let some other sucker do that. I have found there are not alot of pawn shops I will deal with now after visiting a lot of them. Some won't budge on price, their loss...

7. stanger1944

stanger1944 Member

I paid $70 for one today, pawn shop find. It needs some works but seems to fire feed and extract correctly but I have only did a lube job and shot 7 rounds through it. Like it but I sure do hate to have to do paperwork for a used rifle.

8. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Paid $167 for brand new one in box at Walmart in November 2012.

9. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 Active Member

I paid $210 for my 60 like new from 1988 with 18 round mag tube and last round hold open....and that was with a nice Bushnell 3x-9x Sportsview scope & 200 rounds of ammunition. Only reason I paid that price was because I know the history of the gun, and wanted to help a friend in need of some cash. However he did agree to do me a favor that I was going to pay him $20 for for free now, so I consider only paying $190 for the gun and ammo. Cabela's sell the gun brand new without scope for like $170 before tax, so I would say $230 is high.

10. Trektoy2

Trektoy2 Member

Check arms list in your area, sometimes no paperwork if you and the private seller can meet. Prices are all around so watch out. Pawn shops like others have mentioned, and check auction listings. We have police auctions, and a bunch of auctioneers doing local auctions. I have gotten a lot of really nice guns, and some I made nice after some TLC, at auctions.