Marlin 795

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by jrdelgado, Nov 2, 2013.

1. jrdelgado

jrdelgado Member

Found a used marlin 795 today. I am thinking of getting it basically just to have for plinking. Being used I worry about jamming. I will clean thoroughly and keep the maintenance up of course. I need your wisdom if you have this model. Any ideas on the performance of this model?

2. natehammer

natehammer Member

I bought one several years ago. It shoots well and doesn't jam (keep in mind, some .22lr ammo is dirtier than others). I haven't had any problems and it is a blast to shoot!

3. hp-hobo

hp-hobo Member

I've had mine for about 4 years and thousands of rounds now. Upgraded it with an ATI Fiberforce stock, TechSight sights and a Garand style web sling. I use it regularly for Appleseed clinics, Steel Challenge and NRA Light Rifle competitions, general plinking and training new shooters. It has never failed to go bang (unless ammo related) and just keeps running even though it only gets cleaned - occasionally. Accuracy is excellent, the trigger is better out of the box than a worked 10/22 and mags are readily available and cheap. These guns are the best kept secret out there. What's not to like?

Forgot to add. It eats every kind of ammo I feed it except it doesn't much care for Remington Golden Bullets. They cycle well but the primers and it's firing pin don't seem to get along.

4. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

It's basically a model 70 which is basically a short barrel box mag fed model 60 which has been around forever. Great little guns. But don't spend a lot because they are WELL under 200 new.