Marlin Glenfield 60 New Law

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by disputer, Jan 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. disputer

disputer New Member

It seems NYS has made our favorite semi illegal to own here. The 14 shot magazine
    makes this gun and anyone who owns the same a outlaw in the eyes of the state. It seems we have a year to sell them out of state or become a criminal. Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the magazine to only 7 shot as required by the new law?
    Thanks for reading! Dave

2. Spud9

Spud9 Well-Known Member

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I beleave the term "magazine" refers to the detachable clip that allows for rapid reloading, I wouldn`t think a tube feed qualifies especially in a .22, If they ask tell them you never load more than 7 rounds

4. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

oldbrass has it right. Your tubefed 22 is exempted from this law.

The whole bill as it passed :

http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg...rm=&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Votes=Y&Memo=Y&Text=Y

A bit past halfway down is this section that aplies to your question :

Just make sure you bring a photo id next time you buy a box of ammo ;)

5. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Also nothing in the law ( as passed ) mentions anything about requiring any modification of the capacity of a tube fed 22 magazine .
    I'd be cautious about getting caught with more than 7 rounds in the mag , at least until the lawyers get things squared away ;)
    Just be glad you don't have to change the name of your ruger 10/22 to a 7/22 or a 5/22 :D

6. oldbrass

are magazines bought prior to this law grandfathered in ??

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  7. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Here's a brief summary of the new laws.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...-other-key-provisions-of-new-york-gun-control

8. disputer

disputer New Member

Thanks all for your response, I thought maybe they might be exempt, however the whole law needs to be run through the courts for legality. Thanks again all!

9. Bearhands

Bearhands Well-Known Member

Amazing that a state that can't seem to handle it's criminals, effects laws to make everyone who has a gun, a criminal.

10. oldbrass

The Bush-master ar-15 was not used in the Conn. shooting. He used handguns. The report was the ar-15 was found in the car after the shooting

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

it's also quite possible it wasn't even an AR! looking at some of the videos of them removing it from the car, it looks like it could possibly be a High Point carbine.

12. oldbrass

I guess it dosen`t really matter to the media..the anti-gunners wouldn`t know an ar from a BB gun, they beleave everything the libtards tell them.

13. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

well in the present climate of media reporting, nobody would ever accuse them of reporting the truth!:eek:

14. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member