Marlin stocks with scopes

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by Wedothat, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Wedothat

Wedothat New Member

Hello guys. I don't want to kick a hornets nest or revisit old issues but I have several Marlins and with older and aging eyes, have decided to scope them. From earlier days with the military and shooting clubs I always like a good cheek weld to the stock to minimize the jump. I can't seem to scope my 336 or 1895 with a scope. Am I missing something? Am I the only one who is bothered by this? I have tried a plastic riser and have looked at some expensive stock alternatives. But surely there must be an easier way I just haven't discovered. Thanks in advance.

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Marlin Forum. Glad to have you with us.
    hombre done good. Nothing that I could add too.

3. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Welcome. I didn't catch that you are new. Glad you found the forum. It is a great place with great people.

4. KS95B40

KS95B40 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I have scopes on three of my marlins, 4x on a 336C, 1-4.5x on my 444P and a 2.5x on my 1895G.

I haven't had any problem with cheek weld on mine but I prefer smaller objective bell scopes and the lowest rings that will fit.

However, my Dad had a K4 Weaver mounted on his 336SC with see thru rings and killed a lot of deer with it.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

The only Marlin I have with a scope is a Levermatic in 30cal. Carbine. I have no problem with it. I have it on medium rings so it fits close to the barrel. My younger grandsons have killed several deer with it. I just plink with it!

And welcome to the forum!

6. Wedothat

Wedothat New Member

Thanks for the tips. I will look into some of the risers and report back. Aren't these the handiest and prettiest guns yet?
    Thanks again. Happy shooting

7. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, My eyes don`t work like they use to either..I tried skinner sights which are very good but still needed help past 50 yards, I went with a scope on both the 336s..get the scope close as possible to the barrel and you`ll have a good cheek weld

8. jcw

jcw Member

All of my 336's are scoped with Leupold 2X7X33 VX 1's. They are mounted as low as I can get them and I have no problem getting a great cheek weld.

9. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member