Marlin XT here

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by Bucky, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Got my Marlin XT stainless, in a .22 and a 15 ( ? ) shot tube mag, on Friday just gone.
    Hasn't fired a shot yet, been busy on another project.
    Running in, and setting up a .338 WM, so the little Marlin will probably will have to wait another week or 2 yet.

2. s1120

s1120 Active Member

Same boat here. Got my tx22tr a few weeks ago. No time to shoot it yet though.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I have had my marlin for a few months never fired yet waiting on a scope

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

What's wrong with us??? Huh! I've had mine for almost a week and haven't shot it yet either. It's not supposed to rain this morning so I'm gonna at least go in the back yard and shoot it at a tree! (sorry treehuggers if you are lurkin) lol

5. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Ripper
    I don't feel so bad now., the XT is gunna have to wait, a little longer as I have been offered a trip up to Dargo, in the Vic High Country, on the weekend, for snow and Bambi.

Hope it comes off, and I recon I will "arc up" the little Marlin on next Monday

6. s1120

s1120 Active Member

Lol!!!! I know. Are we xt owners lightweights or what

I've been so busy this summer I've not done any shooting. I had been looking for a 22 rifle for a bit, and just had the perfect storm of finding the right gun, AND having cash in the pocket! But its not going anywhere now. I have it.. no one is going to buy it off the shelf, and its there when I have a chance to shoot it. Heck I haven't even had a chance to pull it out and do its first cleaning on it yet!!

7. Laduckhunter22

Laduckhunter22 Member

There's no way I could let a brand new gun sit there for weeks without shooting it! Lol I bought a new marlin XT22tr about a month ago and I shot the crap outta it the 1st day. I've shot over a 1,000 rounds thru it so far and plan on going shoot it again this afternoon!! Btw It likes the fed automatch and fed bluebox copperplated 40 gr

8. s1120

s1120 Active Member

I'm glad to hear you like it. I hemmed and hawed over getting the tube, or may feed. I nded up with the tube

9. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

That's a lot of shooting Mate !

Don't wear it out :p;):D

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Congrats mate...good luck with her !

11. Laduckhunter22

Laduckhunter22 Member

Well I went shoot this afternoon like I wanted to! Took out 1 nutria! Dialed in to 75 yards on my sweet 22 scope and boom.... Dead. This gun and scope combo is sweet

12. s1120

s1120 Active Member

I'm going to keep mine scope free for a bit. I've been a hand gunner and this is my first long gun, so I'm going to learn my way around the iron sights for a wile then see if I want some optics

13. Laduckhunter22

Laduckhunter22 Member

I hear ya. I have seethru scope rings on mine so I can still access the iron sights

14. FOUR4D4

I only have 800 rounds of 22lr

15. Laduckhunter22

Laduckhunter22 Member

.22 ammo is coming back around here in south louisiana. Got a good bit from walmart,academy and my lgs.

16. s1120

s1120 Active Member

I didn't know they made them. I'm new to this long gun world thanks . Who makes them?

17. FOUR4D4

Weaver make s some don't put see thru monts on it please

18. Laduckhunter22

Laduckhunter22 Member

Redfield and bsa make them too. I'm sure there's more company's that have them. I forgot what brand I have but I got them from academy a WHILE back. U can't give it a try and see if u like em. Some people complain about how it makes the scope sit higher than it would with regular dovetail rings.

19. RIFLEMAN97

RIFLEMAN97 Well-Known Member

When I got mine I fired it within the hour, literally, i bought my marlin about the week before, had to wait for the universal background check to clear, I have a pretty common name, and it just so happened it cleared on the morning I was going to the range. So lucky