model 60 new vs. old???

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by amcquady, May 7, 2014.

1. amcquady

amcquady New Member

will the parts innerchange between the new and old model 60's? I have a newer one and the safety int work. I push it to safety and it will still fire. I have a old one with a cracked action. Cab I replace the safety or trigger assembly out of the old one into the new one?

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Im not really sure mine is a year old, but if you have the stock to far foreword or to the rear it will interfere with the function of the rifle,

3. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

amcquady, you may want to buy a parts schematic for the 60 from Brownell's. They run $1.50, are sent to your email the next business day, and will tell you/show you the old part number and new part number for your rifle so that you can order the correct part. I just finished repairing a 1972 old style Marlin Glenfield, and the schematic helped immensely.

4. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

amcquady, I just took a look at my schematic from Brownell's and it references a difference in the trigger guard assembly from old style to new style, most notably the last shot hold open feature. Don't know if this help you or not but hope so.