Montana Rifle Sling

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by JohnnyLoco, Feb 1, 2012.

1. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

These are kick butt slings, they also give Military discounts. Many times Midway has a better deal though.

http://montanagunslings.com/

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

those are cool, I`ve got to get me one of those for my 30-06

3. JohnnyLoco

Don't forget you can swap it from rifle to rifle to save some bucks.

4. oldbrass

done deal I`m getting one

5. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

They look great. And they really aren't that expensive for a good quality leather sling. Not to mention how well it works. I bought a nylon sling that was supposed to be easy to loosen and tighten. Never could figure out how to make it do it with less hassle than a standard sling.

I've got a Browning thumbhole sling my wife bought me for my birthday years ago that cost a lot more than the Montana models. Still going strong. Wish I'd have known about these back then.

6. JohnnyLoco

The only Nylon slings I buy are Uncle Mike's (Butler Creek) MOUNTAIN SLING. Tough 1-1/4" nylon web with non-slip lining. Complete with permanently attached 1-1/4" QD Super Swivels to fit guns with QD studs. Wide enough for comfort...won't slide off your shoulder. Just slide the buckle to adjust for carrying or use as a hasty sling. Great for rugged terrain. Compact enough to roll up in your pocket

7. oldbrass

The sling on my 336 is from the m249 machine I had in the army,its time to upgrade