Moonshine.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Truckman, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

Went to the liquor store to get Dads present, usually whiskey, but noticed the moonshine display, and wow, different flavors. So I thought I'd get him something different this time. Went with blackberry, knowing that's what he likes. Also got some caramel for me.;)
    Boy howdy, that stuff is smooth! Splash a little in a glass, a little ginger ale, and oh is that nice. I'm feeling a bit warm right now.
    I was showing a friend, and he noticed actual blackberries in Dad's jar, so I looked a little closer. Sure enough, blackberries. Then I noticed Junior Johnsons name... Wait, THE Junior Johnson? Yup. Junior Johnson of NASCAR fame is now making moonshine....legally! http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/
    I call that a double score. Dad is a NASCAR fan.
    And after all, he did just give me his old .32spl Winchester lever action deer rifle.
    Hopefully I can try blackberry tomorrow.

2. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

I had the strawberry...don't eat the strawberries...there strong after they been in there awhile.

3. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

I'll remember that.

4. nelson55

nelson55 Active Member

:eek:Yeah, the strawberries are not like the ones dipped in chocolate that's for sure.

5. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Moonshine is awesome, even in Oz

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

My wife had some and made a large jello shots out of it in bowls.Thats one way to eat your drink

7. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Years ago, at the local Football Club, they made up Jelly (jellow) shots, and also "houligan juice". Wow, a couple of either,and you were gone.
    They would not let out the recipe of either
    That was a shame

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Yes jello shots made with blueberry jello I would call it window cleaner or windex shots it would burn all the way down, strong stuff