My Bullseye fell out!!!

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Gumpy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

One of grandsons lost the Marlin Bullseye out of my Levermatic. Where would be a good place to get another one at?

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

3. Gumpy

I believe it! Lol I'll check it out. Thanks

4. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

5. Gumpy

They are 2.99 on Midway, but don't know about shipping. EBay is 5.00 +2.00 shipping. If eBay can ship it for two bucks, surely Midway can!

6. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

It will fit in a regular envelope and a regular stamp ..... but they will add "Handling" probably $19.95......:mad:

7. Gumpy

+1

8. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Midway and Browning get almost none of my business just because they are just way to outrageous on shipping.

9. matthewb075

matthewb075 Member

What is the bullseye for

10. Gumpy

It automatically adjusts for windage.

11. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

If my bullseye fell out I think I would have a cow.:eek:

12. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Used to be Midway charged an extra 3 bucks for orders under $25 . Then they added the shipping, and their shipping has skyrocketed. IMHO that $3 is to make up for lost revenue from certain ammo and other highly taxed items.
    I quit ordering from them and they were once my exclusive dealer of choice.

13. Gumpy

Mathew, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make light of your question. I'm just in a smart aleck mood! All the Marlin bullseye is, is a nylon plug, inset on the stock, as a trademark type deal.

14. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

The Bullseye is on Walnut Stocks only and is a way to tell Marlins over all other rifles on the rack. It's a Marlin Icon and tradition.

15. matthewb075

matthewb075 Member

So it is in the stock? I tried to find video but I did not find one I did find the part on eBay. If it is only in the walnut stock that means my SBL doesn't have one right?

16. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Correct, it is in the bottom of the but of the stock approximately 4 inches from the end. The SBL will not have it.

17. Speed_Shooter

Speed_Shooter Member

Remember a few years back when they tried to eliminate the bullseye? That didn't fly!

I've told this story on Marlin Owner's before. In 1966 I bought my first Marlin, a 336 RC in 35 Remington. I was 15 and wanted a sling put on the rifle. Well, my dad says, see that white circle with the black center in the stock? That's where you put the sling swivel. So, he drilled it out and installed the swivel in that spot.

Well, in 2008, I decided to refinish the gun because the stock finish had seen better days. By that time I knew what that white plastic circle with the black center was, in fact, the Marlin Bullseye Logo. So, I removed the swivel and replaced the bullseye. I moved the swivel 2" from the butt, where it was supposed to be. I still have extra bullseye material left from that repair.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  18. Ac_Man1962

Ac_Man1962 Active Member

Gumpy.... pm address... I will send you one..... Us Alabama boys got to stick together......

19. Gumpy

Thanks Mon! Already have it put in. Thanks, PM sent.