My Marlin 410

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Tv-Tech, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Tv-Tech

Tv-Tech Member

I recently acquired a Marlin 410 made in 1930. Let me tell you it's sweet. I bought to shoot and it is awesome on the skeet field. These gun are also known as " stock option " guns, as they were given out by Marlin if you bought stock in the company.
    [​IMG]

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

You lucky dog! Very nice! Welcome to the forum.

3. Marlindude

Marlindude Well-Known Member

SWEET!!! I'd really like to know how much you paid. A local guy had one for sale for $1000.
    It didn't look half as nice as yours. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPad using Marlin Forum

4. nelson55

nelson55 Active Member

That looks beautiful, where can I get one?

5. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed! Congratulations!

6. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Very cool. How about a picture of the other side?

7. Tv-Tech

Tv-Tech Member

Let's just say they go anywhere from $1000 to $2000. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That is very cool. I've can only remember seeing 1 other Marlin 410 lever gun in all my 46 years of shooting. Actually, I had forgotten that they made them until now. Very unique and a good looking piece to boot. Congratulations are in order. It's a very rare find.

9. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Thanks for the pictures.

10. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Great find - Congratulations!

11. Tv-Tech

Tv-Tech Member

I was able to acquire one of the new versions, the limited edition XLR model. Awesome on the skeet range.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Tv-Tech

Tv-Tech Member

Just an update on the lever gun. Like I said, I bought it to shoot and now have a couple thousand rounds through it and it is an awesome skeet gun. I even took it to a sporting clay range and cleaned 5 stations and hit every rabbit target with
    7-1/2s. With the mod choke, it even reaches out on the 27 yard line in trap. If you look around on the net, you can find one too, but some go close to 2k.

13. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, sounds like a great shooter, keep enjoying it.

The older one is simply stunning and the while the new one is different, I like the stainless look. It's nice to hear about a new one the owner is happy with.

14. Tv-Tech

Tv-Tech Member

Thanks. I'm actually shooting the older one more than the new one.

15. aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin Active Member

16. mm93

mm93 Well-Known Member

The Model 410 of the 1920's was indeed given out as a gift when you purchased 4 shares of Marlin preferred stock. But it was also sold outright to the public. I have the early 30's catalog, with flyer inserted in it advertising the Model 410 for $32.
    I've owned and shot a couple Model 410's, and they are a wonderful handling little shotgun! First time I took mine to my local gun club for a trap shoot, I got a couple guys telling me I couldn't shoot my rifle at the trap range! :) They were very surprised it was a 410 shotgun.

17. PAHunter

PAHunter Active Member

Yepper these are very scarce. The Stock Holder Model is worth close to $2K in decent condition. I have one and paid I believe $1650 for it two years ago. It is one of my prized pieces in my Marlin Collection.

PAH

18. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

I have one of the newer one's, bought new. I have shot some skeet and little else with it, a lot of fun. Only downside is finding the shorter 2 1/2" shells. I did find some slug loads, so it is sitting behind my bedroom closet door, my thinking it is probably a good choice for home defense, moderate power, limited penetration and range.

I just looked on Gun broker out of curiosity and there is one up for auction and current bid is $780, close to twice what I paid for mine.