My New Marlin 336C

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Badpe48, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

Despite the negative posts on this and other Marlin Forums, I purchased a NEW Marlin 336C chambered in 30-30 WIN. The fit and finish looks very good to me. The action seems smooth for a new firearm. I'll be taking it to the range Friday (11/23/12). I'll report back about how she shoots. If all goes well, I'll be taking it Deer Hunting opening day next Monday here in Northeastern Pennsylvania. For now, she has the factory open sights. I may install a scope later. My 64 year old eyes aren't what they used to be. I'll post photos soon.:)

2. Bearhands

Bearhands Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Congrats on the new toy!....... I want one.... and I'm gonna get one soon!

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Badpe48...I'm glad you got a good one. Let us know the results from both the range and the hunting trip.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Badpe48 !!

Congrats on the new Marlin 336C... .30WCF is a great deer harvester.

Good luck with the whitetail hunt...

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Badpe48.
    You're gonna like that lever gun. Congrats.

7. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

congrats ! welcome aboard ! that 30-30 is a great cartridge.

8. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

My 336C Trip to the Range.

I had a Great first time shooting my new 336C at the range. It performed flawlessly. I think I got a GOOD ONE! Open sights for now. I may mount a scope later. Or, I may just use the open sights.

I tried to upload photos of the Rifle, but ran into a problem. I'll try again soon.

Pete

9. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

Here are some photos of my new 336C. Parden the quality of the photos.

Attached Files:

10. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Your going to like that gun :D

11. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

12. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Nice rifle. Gotta love them lever guns.
    And - welcome to the forum.

13. SHOOTER13

Best way to post an image is to use PhotoBucket...a free host for your pictures.

There you can resize, adjust, put in text...just about anything you want.

Registration is free... http://www.photobucket.com

14. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

Thanks Shooter!

Thanks Shooter for the heads up about the site to use to post better photos. I'll have to try it as soon as I can.

15. SHOOTER13

No problem...I've been using PB for years.

16. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

I forgot to post that I found out my 336C was manufactured in October of 2012 according to Marlin Customer Service. I'm hoping they are putting out more good rifles these days instead of what I've been hearing about on the forum about guns made in past years since the buyout. Like I said, mine has very good fit and finish (good-not perfect)). It also performed flawlessly at the range. I haven't had a shot at a Deer yet. Things have been fairly quiet in the Lackawanna State Forest where I hunt. I've seen some does, but no bucks yet. I won't shoot a doe except on the last day of the season if I haven't got a buck before then.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  17. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

good luck on Hunting!!

18. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

No Deer This Year.

Well, I'll have to wait till next year to harvest a deer with my new 336C. I was only able to get out in the field on opening day to hunt. Due to family obligations I wasn't able to get back out the rest of the first week of the season.
    Unfortunately, The second week found me with a hurt back. I hurt it carrying a heavy load and was barely able to straighten up for five days. I'm on the mend now. This happens to my back about every 2-3 years since I've gotten older doing something that can be done 99 times out of 100 without a problem. This year it had to happen during Deer Season. BUMMER! Guess Old Age doesn't come alone!...LOL
    As Cubs fans say all the time.....There's always next year.