need model 92 parts

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Bud, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Bud

Bud Member

recent acquired a model 92 rifle that is missing everything forward of the receiver, such as the barrel, magazine tube, forward stock etc.... I believe it to be a .22, if anyone has any or all of the parts I need to make it functional please get back to me

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Bud,

Numerich may be a source for his old Marlin. Also a call to Jack Frost Gunshop in SD may lead to some parts.

According to The Brophy book the 1892 designation was changed to Model '92 in 1905 and they were available in 32 rimfire/center fire (change firing pin) and 22 rimfire. Various barrel lengths both round and octagon.

Good luck.

Matt

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Bud...!!

We have a funny way of doing things around here...like introducing ourselves before asking for help.

How about you visit our Introductions area and post a few syllables about yourself when you find the time...Thanks !!

Enjoy the Forum...

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Hey ya Bud. Welcome to the Marlin Forum.

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

6. Bud

Bud Member

Thanks for the welcome (introduction has been posted)
    and thank you for the leads on parts
    I am looking forward to gaining knowledge and information from all of you

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Thanks for joining our small but informative community Bud...!!

8. mm93

mm93 Well-Known Member

Parts for the Model 1892/'92 are very tough to find. Numrich has nothing anymore, but at one time bought all the old Marlin parts when the factory moved in the late 1960's for a few cents a pound.
    Wisners Gun Parts has a few internal parts, and also carries a mag tube assembly to retrofit old Marlin .22RF lever guns to a new style mag tube. If you need the barrel and forearm, forearm cap, and hanger; I'd keep an eye on Ebay. That stuff shows up, but you need to check every few days.