New marlin 60

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by runningbear1972, Nov 30, 2013.

1. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

So did some black friday shopping with the wife and son. Decided that department stores were not going to happen with me so we headed out to fin feather fur in ashland ohio to see what they might have on sale. I was thinking some ammo or new boots but then as i was getting a bore laser sight for my wifes 10/22 and my sons 22 i saw they had a marlin 60 for a great

2. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

Oops hit send..... Anyway, i picked it up for 150 bucks. Seemed like a good deal and i trust my other marlin endlessly. So tell me. Good deal bad deal? Good rifle bad rifle?

3. reloader

reloader Member

The price sounds fine as long as it is in good shooting condition. I have a couple and paid more for each a couple years ago.
    they are a great plinker in my way of thinking.
    pictures would be appreciated if you can.

4. tim

tim Member

I'm in NE Ohio, both the mdl 60 & the 795 are on sale at Great Lakes Outdoods for $139 each, reg price for the 60 is $169 & the 795 is $154. If I wasn't saving for a smaller CCW pistol, I'd snatch up a 795. I have a older marlin glenfield 75, basically a 60. Really good shooting gun, you'll be happy with your purchase.

5. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

Well its brand new so i guess its a good deal. Shot it ealier with 5 different brands and had no problems at all. I like it

6. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Runningbear, you won't be sorry for owning a 60. Taken several squirrel with the one I own. Great shooting gun.

7. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

Great deal and equally great rifle! Congrats

8. bhale187

bhale187 Active Member Supporting

Model 60 is as good as it gets for a economic 22lr semi auto with tube mag IMO. They are plenty accurate, lots of available upgrades, very reliable, and super easy to work on. Price was right too, congrats.

9. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

I love shooting it. I do not like having to deal with a magazine when I am out with a .22. I just want to grab my rifle and a pocket full of ammo and do what I need to do without dealing with Magazine issues.
    My dad seen it for the first time Christmas day and was trying to keep it. He said that is the kind of rifle he used to have and he now wants me to pick one up for him. I posted a pic in the pictures section on the forum with the Model 60 , my 1895G and a few of my other shooters if you want to see them.

10. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

I just got back from the range earlier today. I took my spankin new model 60 and my Ruger 10/22 to get them sighted in. I paid $175 OTD for my 60 and $279 for my Ruger.. As cool as the Ruger is with all the mod possibilities, I like the 60 better. Smoother shooter and just all around nicer to shoot IMHO.

11. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

Same here. If you look in the pics section you will see some of my collection including my model 60 and my Ruger 10/22. I love the 60 over the Ruger.