New model 60 owner

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by norm36, Sep 24, 2014.

1. norm36

norm36 Member

Hello all, I ordered a model 60 synthetic from cabelas Canada and it should be here by next week, it's my first 22 I plan to just do a little target shooting and maybe small game, I look forward to many years of fun with it

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Welcome to the forum, Mon! You will love your 60. I take it your from up North? Lol Has it started to get cold yet? Last week here it was in the 90s, right now at 2:03 AM, in North Alabama, it is a cold 57°! I've got to dig out a jacket.

3. norm36

norm36 Member

Ya I'm pretty much in the most southern part of Ontario it's 50 out now, but we are looking at high 70's for the next few days but that's not normally the temperature lol heat wave

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Global warning!! Global warning!! Lol I've heard that till I'm sick of it. The prediction for weather here this winter is colder than normal and wet. That means the Crappie will bite better and there won't be so many people on the lake! Weather doesn't bother me when it comes to huntin and fishin.

5. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

Hello from new hampshire I just bought a 60 myself!

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Marlin Forum. Glad to have you join us.
    You will be very pleased with the new mod. 60. Enjoy, and let us know how it shoots. "Range Report Required"

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Marlin Forum

8. norm36

norm36 Member

I just picked up an assortment of different ammo to see which one works best in my 60 can't wait to see what she can do

9. norm36

norm36 Member

Well it showed up today hopefully I can get some time to shoot it soon

[​IMG]

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Congrats and welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum norm !!

I also own a Marlin Model 60...from 1980.

11. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Hello from Washington state, welcome to the forum and nice rifle...ENJOY

12. norm36

norm36 Member

Heading to the range after work if the weather stays nice will report back hopefully with pictures

13. norm36

norm36 Member

Well made it to the range, I could group within 2 inches at 50 yards but it started to rain so I left the targets there in my hurry to pack up and go, I was also able to easily plink empty shotgun shells at 50 yards. I am extremely happy with the performance out of the box

14. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

That's good to hear about the new ones. I don't own a rifle or shotgun with a synthetic stock and only 2 of my 9 handguns have polymer frames (Ruger 22/45 and S&W Shield 40).

How does the synthetic stock feel compared to wood? I know it's subjective, but I was thinking of a black synthetic stock for a new to me Marlin 60 SB to keep in the vehicle.

15. norm36

norm36 Member

It's very light and feels solid to me, it does change the balance point but I didn't seem to notice a difference when shooting