New to site.. Howdy!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Highplainsdrifter, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Highplainsdrifter

Highplainsdrifter New Member

Hey there. I am from Ohio and i own a 336a. I love my rifle and always had wanted one. I heard about this site from The FTF forum witch i am a member of so i thought i would jump over here and see whats good. Thanks for having me everyone.

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Welcome. This house is jam packed with good information and a lot of fun people. Glad you are here. Pull up a seat and sit on the floor.

I got my first Marlin 336 a few months ago. I am like you...always wanted a lever gun. I am planning to do some hog hunting this week here in my new neck of the woods. Lord knows if I am successful I'll beat yer eardrums sore. But that's what we're here for right? Have fun.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum :)

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Glad to have you join us. I think that you will find us to be a pretty friendly bunch.
    Especially nice to have another Buckeye to join our ranks. You have a pretty long user name so if you have a nick name we could use, that would be nice. My friends here call me Grey.
    As far as guns go, I'm a jack of all trades and a master of none. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here that are willing to share information and help where they can. I haven't seen anyone that professes to be an expert at anything but everyone lends a hand where they can.
    Jump in and enjoy the good times.

Grey

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

My pleasure to be following Grey in welcoming you to the forum. He's a good example of some of the quality folks you'll find here. Jump in, don't be shy, and remember that we're all family here!

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum !!

7. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Is your 336A and older model with the 24" barrel?

8. Highplainsdrifter

Highplainsdrifter New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Over at Firearms Talk Forum they call me Drifter. My 336 was made in 91 if i did the serial number match right. It has the 20 inch barrel on it. My future plans for are are a brass peep sight and a tear drop cowboy lever. I hopefully will make it out over the next few weeks with it to clear some coyotes that are bothering my cattle. Hope the hog hunting goes good for you Hombre.

9. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

welcome aboard drifter. would sure like to see some fotos of the model a when its all done

10. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Welcome
    From "Down Under"

11. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Welcome Drifter!

12. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

do you have any pics of your 336?

13. Badpe48

Badpe48 Active Member

Welcomw Drifter..I think you will enjoy this forum. There are a lot of good people here ready to help with any problems you have or just hand out some info when needed.