No Sambar this year (yet !)

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bucky, May 20, 2016.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Bugger me, if I ain't gunna be a good little hunter, this year>

after 3 trips "up the Bush", no bloody meat.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Did all my reconnaissance too.
    I walked up on 2 bedded down deer, with camera in hand, and rifle slung over shoulder, and they got away.....No meat !

Shannon (son) spotted 4 at 400yds up this bloody great hill, and next evening they appeared again, and he did a long shot of 300+, and the Stag staggered back into the bush, never to be seen again......5 hrs searching deep gully's and ravines failed to locate him, and another 3 hrs the next morning, same thing......We were both disappointed on that one, as it was a massive Stag, with a gr8 rack. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Bumped into one in morning mist, but it gave us the slip. No meat

Final night after we came out of the bush, in the dark, packed up drove back to camp, and at about 3 km down the road, 2 "spikers", bounced across in front of us. No meat....!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !
    Never mind that's hunting.

Not bad hunters, just a little out of luck !
    No more to say.... our day will come, and will fill the feeezer again

Cheers
    Bucky

2. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Better luck next year Bucky!

Don't you just love the ones that "bounced across in front of us"! We've all had 'em. Mine was about 45 years ago and I remember like it was yesterday. We were bow hunting and it was such a cold unproductive day that we decided to leave right before sunset. It was still light as we were coming out, driving down an abandoned railroad right of way in my buddy's Opel Kadett wagon (hey old guys, remember those?) and there, 10 yards away, standing broadside in the middle of the two-track, was a nice 8-point buck. Have you ever seen two guys trying to string recurve bows in an Opel? it's not pretty but I'm sure we managed to give the buck a good laugh that he told his grandfawns about years later

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016

3. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Year ain't over yet Mate !
    hehehehehe

Going up to Darwin in 2 weeks, Just a quick trip up there.
    !/2 Desert tracks,and 1/2 bitumen, and taking the Mighty 375 H & H too

Never know ya luck, might get a chance to nail a Buffalo, then again might not, but you gotta be in it to win, sometimes

Cheers
    Bucky

4. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Make sure you post pics when you lay him down Bucky.

5. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I was sittin on a Sambar fishin for catfish and a big Whitetail buck ran right up to me, got a drink and sat down, next to me. He asked if I had heard from Bucky over in Oz and I said he aint got his Sambar yet. The buck said he was worried because he hadn't heard from his second cousin Jamberoo Joe, a Sambar from Darwin. I said if he is from Darwin and Bucky can't get him...and then I woke up.:D

6. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Solution in hand too ?

7. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

No need for that.