Oh Joy ... A shopping trip with the wife today !!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Nov 18, 2015.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

When I mentioned I wanted to go hunting today the wife asked me if I could accompany her to town on a shopping trip. She said I could just go far a little while in the morning and then come in. Hard to explain it dont work like that. Sooo I will put off hunting till tomorrow and go with her. I really dont mind and we will have lunch somewhere. I feel better if Im with her in the Big City. Besides I would just worry about her the whole time Im out.

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Sounds like you made the right decision.

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

It's called "give and take" buddy. We all get stuck doing these silly things.

4. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

You obviously are still in love. Kudos for that.

5. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

SW, you're a good man Charlie Brown.

My wife (Now ex) used to need me to go shopping with her...so I could carry the bags full of all the stuff MY money bought. But then when I asked her if she would go hunting with me she said she would never carry another dead rabbit for me because they stink too much.

So I told her I would compromise...I would clean em and she could carry them. (Notice I said ex?)

She was not a compromising woman.

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

My wife wants me to go shopping all the time.She can spend over an hour trying to find a pair of shoes,
    But that's not as bad as when she wants me to get my nails and hair done I have to draw a line.
    As Dirty Harry would say" A Man Has Got To Know His Limitations"

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

A good marriage is generally 100% / 100%. Give & give.
    You done good my friend.
    My wife & I have used grocery shopping as a date night for many years. We would eat out first and then buy groceries.
    My job is pushing the cart. Had to learn proper cart protocol. Plus it gives me the opportunity to add what I wanted.
    On the other hand, if she is planning a shop-a-thon, she'll give me a pass. She is a keeper even though she's not a hunter.

8. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

On the rare occasion I go grocery shopping with the wife, I am forbidden from pushing the cart, it messes up her routine. Although I do sneak stuff in when she isn't looking