OH NOOOO !!! Not another one !!

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by SWO1, Dec 10, 2014.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Got back home yesterday afternoon from helping my brother in law cut fire wood. We cut, split, and stacked another cord. Good seasoned white oak.

When I came in my wife handed me a note to call this #, she said something about a raffle. I called and it was my LGS brother who is a shrine member. I had purchased a raffle ticket (3 for $5) some time ago and had forgotten about it, I NEVER win nothin !! WELLLL I Won. A Savage 93 .17 HMR, Stainless Steel, with grey lamanate stock, heavy barrel with a 3X9 scope ....... :eek:

Just what I need, something else I dont want or need. When it rains, it pours. He reminded me there is another drawing next week for a Ruger m77 in .308. I have chances on it also, now that I would like. Guess I will wait and see who gets that one and MAYBE a trade ...... :rolleyes:

2. Nogoat

Nogoat Well-Known Member

Good livk

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I`m trying to feel bad for you SWO1.. I really am HAHAHA

4. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

Geeze even a new rope and you aren't happy. LOL

5. SWO1

A trip to the LGS this morning and the Savage 93 .17 HMR has been flipped to this: Savage Mark II TR/wood stock

Attached Files:

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Patiently awaiting the range report. ;)
    That should be a very accurate rifle.
    Curious if you will take time to rework the stock? Another project waiting in the wings???

7. SWO1

I shoot its twin now. Wanted another one with a little better stock for bench. I will do some work on it. Just hoping this one is as good as the other Mark II. Here is what mine does now. This is a target from when I was testing different ammo. Granted I dont shoot those groups consistently. But the gun holds its own in matches. I am looking at a 40X target scope that Optics Planet has on sale and FREE SHIPPING.

That lot of RWS R-50 I have been using is great. I am down to half a box left but have 2 bricks of another lot. But you never know, it may be as good, worse, or better.

Attached Files:

8. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I just love happy endings.

9. nelson55

nelson55 Active Member

:)What goes around comes around.
    When you do good, good follows. :)
    :)Always do good.

:mad:Cause Bad does the same thing.

10. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

+1!!

11. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

This is the true reason I +1'd. The last post.
    I'm really Santa Clause!

Attached Files:

12. SWO1

Great to know Gumpy, can I send my list to your facebook site ???

Oh, and since you are the REAL one, also included will be the receipts for this years Presents I will give in Your Name ........ :D

13. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Dang...and I paid for my bull barrel and it ain't even stainless! CONGRATS on your timely change in luck!