Over Run with Deer !!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by SWO1, Dec 19, 2013.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Went up to check the critter cam before Sat. Opening day of Alternative Method to see if anything was hangin around. I'M BEING OVERRAN !! Had 9 at one time 75 yard from the stand. 4 Bucks, A 2 Pt., 4 Pt., 8 Pt. and a Bigger one, cant tell how many ..... 0 They were all there the same night, on the 8th and other nights, days up until last night when the snow melted. Its gonna snow again Sat .... 0 Look at the spread of the antlers on the bucks and you can tell they are Three different ones, on second look there are two bigger than the 8 Pt. I am thinking there are at least 8 does and 4 bucks.

Attached Files:

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

Nice pics!

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Backstrap, gravy, and biscuits!!

4. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Dang. Go get em SWO1!!

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Can I hunt there?

6. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

7. SWO1

SURE CAN ...... come on any time. Although a lot of activity at nigh, they do come out in the daylight also. Here is the little 4 pt. and the 8 pt. along with some does during morning/afternoon.

Attached Files:

8. Gumpy

Why is there sawdust all over thee ground?

9. SWO1

The Beavers and Wood Peckers have been workin the "WHITE" oak trees .... LOL.

10. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff Mate
    Well done
    So it's "all my freezers are full" syndrome ?.........I hope for you

Cheers
    Bucky

11. SWO1

No hunting again today. 28 deg. Only got about .5" snow last night, but everything is covered in ICE. High tomorrow 23 .... :rolleyes: Don't look like anything will melt till Xmas, high then around 40. Havnt even shot the BP guns yet although both are ready to go, with a new scope on the Traditions. I don't mind the weather for hunting, its cleaning and dressing that's a PIA. With 3 in the freezer the issue isn't pressing. Ive got until the 31st for BP and Pistol and the kids have another 2 days late Youth Season the 4-5th of Jan. with center Fire, any Deer. I like the Late Youth days if they get something for Xmas they can get it sighted in and take it out instead of waiting another whole year ...... :)

12. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Been hunting any SWO1?

13. SWO1

After a week the Ice finally melted yesterday. I will go check the cameras today. Might go this weekend. Season ends Tuesday the 31st.

14. Gumpy

What was on your cameras? Some good ones?

15. SWO1

Not many this time. A few does and the 8 pt. buck. He is still hanging around. Last show was the afternoon of the 25th.

16. Gumpy

If weather is breaking so that they can get to food, they should start moving again.

17. SWO1

During the 4 days the ICE was on ..... no deer. Christmas day it started to thaw, the buck showed back up that evening. Gonna be in the 60s tomorrow and then back to the 30s. I might just leave em be and see if the Grand Daughter can get one the 4-5th of Jan, Late Youth Season.

18. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

What scope did you go with on your muzzleloader.I have been sorts hesitant about topping my Knight rifle

19. SWO1

I was gonna get a TC, it was used but looked good. Ended up with a New Traditions 3X9 that on checking out I liked better. The Traditions was $69 at my LGS ( lists for that on various sites also ). I traded 2 bricks of .22 HVHP for it that I had $50 into. Its a BP rated scope if that means anything. I have a Bushnell on the CVA, a 3X9 that has held zero for 3 years. I don't think recoil on a 50 cal. BP is as sharp and severe as a .308, just my opinion. They also make the Traditions in a camo pattern but he didn't have one. Here is a pic of it.

Attached Files:

• tra.jpg
      tra.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views: