Owner Manual

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by straightshooter, Jun 25, 2014.

1. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I just bought a 1981 Marlin 336 20" barrel 30-30 with a cheap Tasco 4x32 scope. I wonder where is a good place to get an owner manual for this Marlin?
    I bought the gun locally for $335 and it is in good condition best I can tell since I don't know much about these rifles.

The gun was very clean inside and I didn't see any heavy ware marks anywhere. I touched up the furniture with some walnut stain and it looks pretty darn good for a gun made in 1981 for sure. Barely any surface rust which I cleaned up with some gun oil and wiped down all the metal with Wilson gun grease. I applied Wilson gun oil to the action and everything moves freely yet not sloppy. I think I got an oldy but goody.

Attached Files:

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014

3. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

The link for the owner manual didn't work as it said link not found. I did google and found the manual though. It is for a newer style with the safety but it does explain the half cocked safety feature mine has.
    Thanks for the help.

4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

After the last upgrade for windows the search engine sucks. Typing a search query in the url line doesnt work anymore and as mentioned, the manual link from the Marlin site sent me to a page of other links, the top of which was the pdf for the manual. It downloaded perfectly. I do not like this new way of doin things...

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That is a really nice rifle. And for the price, sounds like you got a good deal.
    Thanks for sharing.