Parts question

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by hombre243, Sep 28, 2012.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Just wondering; Is the large loop for the 336 interchangable with the standard loop lever? I wouldn't mind having the large loop.

2. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

As far as I know it's just a simple swap out. Just like taking the lever out to do a proper cleaning .
    There are 2 styles of larger loop levers and I believe both have an option for straight grip and pistol grip rifles.
    Not sure if they are caliber specific or not , but someone will be along who knows . :cool:

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

The ones I`ve seen are made from your stock lever. Its sent in and made into what ever you want

4. hombre243

Thanks ob. I did find one online and the price is a bit higher than I like, but if I really HAVE to have it someday, I doubt that will stop me. I just think the big loop looks good.

5. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

There are a number of vendors for ready to install levers as well as they are available from the Remington/Marlin parts department. If it matters which model they will surely ask you for your rifle model.

So far, the only ones I've seen were offered for the 336 and 1895 models. I don't know of anyone who sells one for the 1894 series.

Oldbrass is right though, there are several quality people who can modify yours which would insure it fits when you reinstall it.

6. hombre243

Large Loop

I will look ionto it if I really want to spend the money. I just think it looks cool. Functionally it does not matter to me.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate knowing I can get it if i want.