Pull the trigger on a 2000L?

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by theLark, Jan 25, 2015.

1. theLark

theLark Member

I have a line on a Marlin 2000L with biathlon kit (and scope if it makes a difference). The gentleman is asking $600 firm. Looks good, still has factory stickers on it. Does this sound reasonable without any further information? I've always wanted one and considered getting competitive, more than just backyard plinking competition.

Thanks for your input.

2. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The 2000L was the top of the line Marlin when they ventured into the target rifle line in the late 80s I think. Two models, the 2000 was the first out. Reviews were favoriable. Came with a blue stock, match heavy barrel and match chamber.

A little later they brought out the 2000L ..... MORE BETTER. It came factory with a grey laminate stock, adjustable butt plate for LOP and a 24X scope. It still had the Lyman front hooded blade with 6 inserts for those wanting to put on rear sights and shoot irons.

Latest price I could find was around $500 and that was in 96. So if its in REAL GOOD SHAPE $600 aint bad. The 2000L is more in line with a bench rifle, where the 2000 stock was set up for 3 position, off hand, sitting and prone.

With the match chamber, think Eley Tenex, Lapua X-Act, or RWS R-50 for ammo.

If it origional should look like this:

Attached Files:

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Your key phrase is "I've always wanted one..."

How many have you seen? Six bills seems reasonable.

4. theLark

theLark Member

Yes it looks all original. It sports the laminate stock like the picture. The owner claims it is in like new condition.

5. theLark

theLark Member

I know I know, but I just dropped a chunk of change on a new shotgun, now this one keeps me up at night :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  6. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Go on, you know you want it!:)

7. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

When I bought my Remington 540X all's I heard was that I paid to much for it. Well it is a one hole shooter and they made very little of them. You very seldom ever see them so when I paid $650 I feel it was just right. I Love that gun. That 2000L looks just as nice, Grab it up.

8. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Well now Mr. Lark, the votes are all in, and the winner is YOU!!!! You have everyone's blessing, and permission, so go for it. Lol. Let us know how it does on the range.

9. theLark

theLark Member

Haha, thank you for all the input. I'm working on making a deal this weekend.

10. theLark

theLark Member

Well I pulled that trigger... a couple times after I bought it! The rifle is SWEET. Now to compete!

Attached Files:

11. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Very nice!!!

12. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

How about some pics of how it shoots. Are you gonna shoot bench or position matches ? Would like to see what ammo it likes.

Waiting ....... Waiting ....... Waiting

13. theLark

theLark Member

Haven't had the chance to get a range session in yet due to weather here in PA. That, and I need to source a rear sight eye piece. Anyone know the specs of the factory Williams rear sight?

14. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

wow that`s a nice lookin shooter....congrats