Ranger M-36

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by Kentucky_Transplant, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Kentucky_Transplant

Kentucky_Transplant Active Member

Looking for some info on an old single shot rifle. It's a Ranger M-36 .22 S-L-LR. I think these were sold by Sears but am unsure of the maker. It has a very thin stock single bolt action.

Anyone have any info on date or manufacturer?

Thanks!
    Kelly

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

3. Kentucky_Transplant

Thanks for the info! Saw a M-34 at a gun show Saturday and got a little history on it being made by Marlin also. Lots of similarities in the 2 of those also. The thing that still surprises me is how skinny the wood stock is.

Thanks again!
    Kelly
    Henderson, KY

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I think it was common back then on the cheaper 22s. I had a Stevens single shot 22 that was over 50 years old. I gave it to my son because it came from my uncle, to my dad and then to me. I remember shooting it as a teenager.
    I'm not joking, the stock looked like it was made out of 1X6. Totally flat on both sides and about 3/4" thick. Looked strange.
    Grey

5. Kentucky_Transplant

It's definitely odd to have such a simple stock. I think I'm going to refinish this one before too long. I've only got $50 invested and it's probably not worth much more. I just want it to look a little sharper than what it is now (really dark with no wood grain showing).

6. Kentucky_Transplant

Finally got a pic shot of the Ranger M-36

Kelly
    Henderson, KY

Attached Files: