Rem 700 .375 h&h

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by FOUR4D4, Aug 31, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

2. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That's exactly what I've been thinking about! Gun looks beautiful and that caliber has been on my wish list for quite a while.

3. FOUR4D4

I wouldnt mind a Remington 700

4. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I have just got one
    Nice to shoot

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i saw that rifle and it's a beautiful one and in an awesome caliber.

6. FOUR4D4

Where in your safe?

7. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i wish!:D i actually saw it in one of the gun magazines as they did an article on it, the rifle and cartridge. with a MSRP of $1450, i can hardly justify it. it would be nice to own, but i just can't see that i would ever have any need for that large a caliber.

8. 28Shooter

I'd really like to get a .375 as the ammo is substantially cheaper than the .416 Rigby I had been considering. Something about spending $10/round for the Rigby was just a little more than my pre-retirement budget can endure. I don't know why I'm even looking at these things, we don't have an elephant problem and there hasn't been a rhino spotted in the neighborhood in years. My wife seems to think that it's my "Corvette and young blonde" (I'm middle-aged). Thinking about it, I bet that .416 would kick like a young blonde but not half as hard as my wife if I did opt for the "vette and blonde"!

9. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Even at $10 per round the Rigby is cheaper than the 'vette and blonde' in the long run. :D

10. 28Shooter

I'm more of a truck/jeep man anyway and I'm pretty content with the blonde I have now (my lovely wife of 26 and a half years). Besides, with my back, I really don't think I could handle the vette or the younger blonde.