Remington 750 Woodsmaster

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by squirrelhunter, Dec 17, 2015.

1. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I'm thinking of getting 1 of these in 30-06 but a guy on another forum said the previous model was nicknamed jam-o-matic but didn't know about these. Anybody have any info on them???

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

The older Remington's from I believe the 80's were problematic. I was told it was mainly in the 742 model, and not aware if it also applied to the 750. The only reason I remember this is because I also have a Rem 742 from the 80's and I love it and has never caused me any problems.

3. squirrelhunter

I did a little checking feedback at a few sites and on Cabelas there was a bunch of people complaining about jamming,some with all ammo except 1 type but then others said they had no problems with any ammo they fed it so it sounds hit & miss.

4. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

I know there are many choices, but when I think of a .30-06 rifle it's either a Winchester Model 70 or a M1 Garand

Otherwise, are you talking new or used? I agree it will be heavily ammo dependent for a used one depending on the era.

New also has warranty

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Defiantly its a classic

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I wouldn't buy it simply because it has that kind of history...and plenty of it...not just hearsay.

Save your $$ and buy the best damn platform to ever shoot the .30-06 Springfield...the M1 Garand .

[​IMG]

7. squirrelhunter

The Model 70 is a bolt action,I already have 1 of those.
    May wind up going for a .223 instead. Not sure yet.