Remlin 1895

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by Thamac15, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Thamac15

Thamac15 New Member

I've been looking for a used JM stamped 1895 for a year. Couldn't find one in decent condition and started looking at new remlins. Everyone had the same fitment issues, hard to cycle, loose hardware and so on. I was wanting a GBL but ran across a new 22' 1895 and was surprised how the stock lined up perfectly, cycled easy with one finger, everything looked and felt great. So I bought it, cleaned and inspected it. Shot 60 rounds today and sighted a Nikon prostaff at 175 yards. Shot perfectly! No issues or concerns arose. I have a few JM stamped 30-30's for the past 15 years and couldnt tell a difference between them and the remlin. Very happy. Here's just a quick pic I took after I bought it.

Attached Files:

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    And thanks for the photo. Very glad to hear that you found a quality Remlin.
    Doesn't matter what the reviews say as long as you are happy.

3. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Beautiful rifle

Nice shoes too. :D

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Yeah,I would like a pair too. lol Nice looking gun man and welcome to the forum. No tellin' what gets picked on here!

5. tCan

tCan Active Member

What is a Remlin?

6. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum...I think the rifle you bought was a good choice. They are nicely balanced and comfortable to shoot. Good pick.

@tCan....a Remlin is a Marlin rifle that was made by Remington after they bought Marlin out in 2008.

7. tCan

tCan Active Member

I figured that was it.

8. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

Nice setup Thamac15. One shouldn't assume all the new rifles are plagued with issues but more are than is good for their reputation. Obviously a good one can be found as you have witnessed.

The shorter rifles are fine in my opinion until the hole in the barrel gets big. I prefer my 45-70 with the 26" barrel over the guide gun my wife had for a while. I think you will find the 22" barrel is a good length as it has been produced longer than any other length in modern production history of the 1895. It must be making a significant number of shooters happy.

9. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

Nice gun perfect set. Will serve you well!

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Nice score...

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum !!