Remlin 60

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by straightshooter, Sep 8, 2016.

  1. straightshooter

    straightshooter Well-Known Member

    763
    1
    A friend of mine bought a new Marlin 60 and it can't run but a few rounds before it jams up by failure to feed. I am guessing even the Marlin 60 is made now by Remington. It sure can't begin to perform as well as my 70's Marlin model 60.
    I believe Remlins only have a one year warranty on the new model 60. I think it might have been a year old before she even shot it. To late for warranty now. I had heard a lot of complaints about Marlins since the Remington take over but I guess I never thought about it effecting the model 60 also. It seems it did.
     
  2. FOUR4D4

    FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

    7,886
    62
    What ammo did you use? Autos need higher velocity
     

  3. straightshooter

    straightshooter Well-Known Member

    763
    1
    It could be the type ammo but my old 60 has not ever been finicky about any ammo.
    LOL I have my body armor on....it was probably Thunderbolt. Like I said my old 60 has no problems with it.
     
  4. FOUR4D4

    FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

    7,886
    62
    I have a newer Remlin Model 60.If the stock is not in a certain position the bolt wont cycle. so I have to move the stock forward or back to clear the bolt.


    :eek:
     
  5. GLS_1956

    GLS_1956 Member

    9
    0
    I got my Model 60 four or five years ago. Synthetic stock and a Chinese made 4X scope. I took it out to the range with a brick of Remington Thunderbolts and a couple boxes of Winchester bulk pack. Additionally I had a can of aerosol gun cleaner and a bottle of RemOil.

    With the first tube full of ammo I had several failures to fire, caused by light firing pin strikes. The bolt was not always running all the way forward resulting in the hammer blow having to first close the action and then set off the round, or not. By the end of the second box of Thunderbolts the failures to fire had pretty much disappeared. There were about four episodes of using the spray cleaner and after it dried using the lube during those 100 rounds.

    By the end of my session I had fired around 400 rounds of a mixture of Remington and Winchester ammo and had brought the failure to fire to zero. Not only did the rifle function as desired, and it still does, but the trigger noticeably improved too.