Reunions

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, May 31, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

My wife's family has them every year and it's this weekend.

I've married in so most of the time it's spent sitting listening to stories about my wife and her cousins when they were kids, but still a lot of fun.

Used to about 50 people, not attendance is down and they're lucky to see 30.

Anyone else go to family have family reunions?

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

It hasn't been a tradition in our family.
    We try to have a cookout a couple times a year for us, the kids and the grand-kids. Sometimes we invite one of my sisters and her family. Family is either so spread out or deceased that it's not an option.
    I hope that you have a great time. Always nice to be part of a close nit family.
    We are in the process of planning a pulled pork get together in a few weeks.

3. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

We're spread all over the country, and have never all been in the same location at once. Sad actually.

4. Shooter

Same thing with my family. It was already small, but as we got older it grew further apart.

This is my wife's thing. It's neat. Never had exposure to it growing up.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Both my wife and I attend family functions a few times a year...besides the usual weddings and funerals.

Fourth of July has always been a big thing on my side...and for her family it's Christmas.

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

we use to have pretty big family reunions on my grandmothers side, but many have passed away and we just don't seem to have as many as before.

my wife and i go to her family reunions and they seem to have pretty good get togethers with lots of food. we generaly have a pretty time and her family seems to like me alright.

7. Shooter

Well the turnout was decent this year.

About 30 people. Most of them remember my name now so that was cool. Been with my wife six years. The family is so big I'm sure they have cousins they don't know exist.