Savage Firearms

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by axxe55, Jan 25, 2012.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

my savage M93r17 in 17 HMR. with a BSA 6-18x40 scope. this is also the first synthetic stock i did in camo finish. i bought this rifle about 8 years ago. several times i have almost considered trading it or selling it, but i always back out at the last minute for some reason. i think in the near future, i am going to restock this one with a Boyd's laminated stock in nutmeg color. if the finish i used on my M700 270 win. holds up to my expectations, i may end up doing the same to this one.

Attached Files:

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That's a nice rifle you got there Axxe.
    I have a Savage 93G in 22 mag. with the wood stock.
    It has the accu-trigger and it shoots better than I can shoot it. There is a BSA 4X on mine. Mine is ammo sensitive. It doesn't like the Win. Lead Bullets but shoots very well with the Hornady V-Max or the CCI Jacketed Bullets.

Grey

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

IMAG0089.jpg

Here`s my savages the bottom gun is a model 93 22 mag top is a savage 110 30-06,both lefties..

I`m somewhat dissapointed marlin doesn`t make a lefty bolt action,but savage makes a good rifle

4. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Very nice gentlemen...!!

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

good looking rifles there brass. so i take it, you're left-handed?

7. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Yep, goin on 49 years now.

8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

that's cool, i've been right handed for 49 years too!

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Refitting the My Savage M93r17 with a new stock!

well i decided to redo my savage M93r17 with a new Boyd's nutmeg laminate stock. i just refinished all the metal and ordered the stock and new trigger guard. that was one of the things that has bugged me about the rifle since i bought it, the molded in trigger guard. it just makes the rifle look cheap. the stock cost me about $110 with shipping and the trigger guard was $10 with shipping. so for about another $120 in it, i hope to dress it up a bit. i will post some new pictures when i get it finished, hopefully next week. then on to the next project!